CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.90GHz
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am running into a reboot issue when I resume from sleep. From the crash reports, it looks like IOFamily80211 is causing the problem.

I am attaching a 'Problem Reporting' zip with the CoreCapture error log. Hopefully the log file will give some insight into whats going on.

Attachments

• Planck.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 60
I am running into a reboot issue when I resume from sleep. From the crash reports, it looks like IOFamily80211 is causing the problem.

I am attaching a 'Problem Reporting' zip with the CoreCapture error log. Hopefully the log file will give some insight into whats going on.

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry about sending old origin files. I have updated them and attached the files below.

Attachments

• Planck.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 41
Sorry about sending old origin files. I have updated them and attached the files below.

Your ACPI/patched files are wrong.
It is obvious if you try to disassemble them: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
You will get:
Code:
ACPI Error: [\_PR_.CPU0._DSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20170728/dswload-498)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20170728/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

It is due to the fact that SSDT-pr.am and SSDT-PluginType1.aml are conflicting.
Pick only one method for power management.
Re-test.

If you still have same issue, resubmit updated "Problem Reporting" files.

Your ACPI/patched files are wrong.
It is obvious if you try to disassemble them: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
You will get:
Code:
ACPI Error: [\_PR_.CPU0._DSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20170728/dswload-498)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20170728/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

It is due to the fact that SSDT-pr.am and SSDT-PluginType1.aml are conflicting.
Pick only one method for power management.
Re-test.

If you still have same issue, resubmit updated "Problem Reporting" files.

I have removed SSDT-pr.aml from ACPI/patched and my config.plist. However, the laptop still reboots on wake. When I was testing different lid close -> wake durations, I noticed that the trackpad does not respond to any input. The only way I could navigate the cursor is by using the touchscreen.

Attachments

• Planck.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have removed SSDT-pr.aml from ACPI/patched and my config.plist. However, the laptop still reboots on wake. When I was testing different lid close -> wake durations, I noticed that the trackpad does not respond to any input. The only way I could navigate the cursor is by using the touchscreen.

I was able to run the iasl command without any errors when I removed SSDT-pr and rebooted. Should I rebuild my DSDT using the most recent output of iasl + refs.txt and Clover (F4)?

Your ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml is wrong. Incorrect patching.
For example, why did you change this:
Code:
    OperationRegion (EXBU, SystemMemory, 0x9F9F7000, 0x0012)
    Field (EXBU, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
    {
        DAT0,   8, 
        TPMD,   8, 
        TCMD,   8, 
        IDMN,   16, 
        IDPC,   16, 
        DLPN,   40, 
        PMFG,   8, 
        CAMD,   8, 
        ECSW,   8, 
        HFSE,   8, 
        CBID,   16
    }

To this:
Code:
    OperationRegion (EXBU, SystemMemory, 0x9F9F7000, 0x12)
    {
        DAT0,   8, 
        TPMD,   8, 
        TCMD,   8, 
        PMFG,   8, 
        CAMD,   8, 
        ECSW,   8, 
        HFSE,   8, 
        CBID,   16
    }

???

Also, your USB configuration is wrong (you're exceeding the port limit).
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

There may be more, but that is enough to cause significant issues, so I stopped looking.

Your ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml is wrong. Incorrect patching.
For example, why did you change this:
Code:
    OperationRegion (EXBU, SystemMemory, 0x9F9F7000, 0x0012)
    {
        DAT0,   8,
        TPMD,   8,
        TCMD,   8,
        IDMN,   16,
        IDPC,   16,
        DLPN,   40,
        PMFG,   8,
        CAMD,   8,
        ECSW,   8,
        HFSE,   8,
        CBID,   16
    }

To this:
Code:
    OperationRegion (EXBU, SystemMemory, 0x9F9F7000, 0x12)
    {
        DAT0,   8,
        TPMD,   8,
        TCMD,   8,
        PMFG,   8,
        CAMD,   8,
        ECSW,   8,
        HFSE,   8,
        CBID,   16
    }

???

Also, your USB configuration is wrong (you're exceeding the port limit).
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

There may be more, but that is enough to cause significant issues, so I stopped looking.

The reason I removed those entries was because MacIASL would not compile if I did not remove those (what I thought were) duplicate entries.

Code:
316, 6074, Name already exists in scope (BNUM)
1432, 6074, Name already exists in scope (IDMN)
1433, 6074, Name already exists in scope (IDPC)
1434, 6074, Name already exists in scope (DLPN)

Should I have gone about this in a different way, rather than deleting them?

Also I have fixed up my SSDT-UAIC.aml following the guide you linked. I tested each port and removed the ports that don't have a physical USB header attached to it.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    426 bytes · Views: 91
The reason I removed those entries was because MacIASL would not compile if I did not remove those (what I thought were) duplicate entries.

Code:
316, 6074, Name already exists in scope (BNUM)
1432, 6074, Name already exists in scope (IDMN)
1433, 6074, Name already exists in scope (IDPC)
1434, 6074, Name already exists in scope (DLPN)

Should I have gone about this in a different way, rather than deleting them?

Wrong fix.
You should delete the extraneous 'External' statements for the same fields instead.

Also I have fixed up my SSDT-UAIC.aml following the guide you linked. I tested each port and removed the ports that don't have a physical USB header attached to it.

Don't forget to set UsbConnector correctly.

Wrong fix.
You should delete the extraneous 'External' statements for the same fields instead.

Don't forget to set UsbConnector correctly.

It looks like sleep is working correctly now. I tested this by forcing sleep from the apple menu and leaving it alone for about 5 minutes (I set sleep to 5 using pmset), and it did not reboot on wake this time. I have also removed the extraneous DSDT statements properly, and made sure that UsbConnector was set correctly on HS03.

A few things that I ran into when I was rebuilding the DSDT from scratch was the "ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS" error when running the iasl + refs.txt command. So I had to remove the offending line containing "_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.TPL" and I no longer saw the error.

I will consider this solved once I get some more time to test sleep.

It looks like sleep is working correctly now. I tested this by forcing sleep from the apple menu and leaving it alone for about 5 minutes (I set sleep to 5 using pmset), and it did not reboot on wake this time. I have also removed the extraneous DSDT statements properly, and made sure that UsbConnector was set correctly on HS03.

A few things that I ran into when I was rebuilding the DSDT from scratch was the "ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS" error when running the iasl + refs.txt command. So I had to remove the offending line containing "_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.TPL" and I no longer saw the error.

I will consider this solved once I get some more time to test sleep.

With modern ACPI sets, you can often disassemble without "-da" and without refs.txt, as the OEM has likely used an updated iasl that emits External opcodes into the AML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back