1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Maybe it should be in the probook/elitebook guide somewhere that it is impossible to shutdown this system without disabling Wake On LAN in the BIOS? Took me a while to find this info in the forums and it might apply to other hp laptops.

I just replaced the intel wifi with a $5 broadcom 34xx, mindlessly ran the rehabman shell scripts, following the guide, and, aside from this relatively minor annoyance, it seems everything is working except for the stupid card reader. This was so easy I could have (should have?) done this hackintosh buzzed! With i5 macbook pros selling for crazy prices on eBay this was definitely worth a sunday afternoon.

Maybe it should be in the probook/elitebook guide somewhere that it is impossible to shutdown this system without disabling Wake On LAN in the BIOS?

Perhaps you don't have USB configured correctly. Or you don't have the latest BIOS. But, in general, it is a good idea to disable both "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB".

Code:
$>ls -1 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
SSDT-8x70.aml
SSDT-BATC.aml
SSDT-BATT.aml
SSDT-EH01.aml
SSDT-EH02.aml
SSDT-FAN-READ.aml
SSDT-HACK.aml
SSDT-IGPU.aml
SSDT-KEY87.aml
SSDT-LANC_PRW.aml
SSDT-LPC.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml
SSDT-PRW.aml
SSDT-SATA.aml
SSDT-SMBUS.aml
SSDT-USB-8x70.aml
SSDT-XHC.aml
SSDT-XOSI.aml
SSDT.aml

I'm using config_8x70p.plist.

2 USB ports on the right side: "SATA-USB" and "lightning-bolt USB".
2 USB ports on the left side: "SS USB" and unmarked.

System Profiler shows 2 USB2 busses and 1 USB3. The BCM wifi is connected to one USB2 bus, the camera on the other. Both work fine, and survive wake.

When I plug in a USB3-sata drive enclosure (with a drive in it) on the left, System Profiler shows it on the USB 3 bus. If I plug it in on the right, the drive appears on the USB2 bus. Seems ok? This is the only USB3 device I have to test.

When I plug in a USB3-sata drive enclosure (with a drive in it) on the left, System Profiler shows it on the USB 3 bus. If I plug it in on the right, the drive appears on the USB2 bus. Seems ok? This is the only USB3 device I have to test.

If the "right" port is USB2 only, then makes sense. A USB3 device plugged into a USB2 port acts as a USB2 device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back