Asus g72gx, core 2duo

Boots fine with USB stick...
when I boot off hard drive, starts loading hfs files then reboots to bios
any suggestions?
cant see any errors with -v because it just reboots quickly

Help!

ML 10.8.1

Chameleon

I have the similar issue with my install.
I can boot from USB stick chameleon but when directly boot from disk I get boot loop, not to BIOS.
let me know if you found out how to read the last message before it reboots.

well I got it working somehow! Hope I never have to do it again cause I'm not sure what I did but it does work lol

I extracted dsdt file with like one patch or two, made sure that was in there (extras). then i took the stuff from the usb stick /extras folder, deleted the stuff in my extras folder, and replaced it with that.

I removed all the kexts I had installed previously (that dont come with the operating system) , and then used chameleon wizard to update the bootloader, then used multi beast and did the easy install... and then it randomly started working. whats strange is that i have done this before and it didn't work.

now I just need audio!!! grrrr

Thanks for the heads up.
I will have a look.
I am too noob in this business.

sorry bro I would help you more if I could. I have been working on making this laptop work non stop for like a week and its been driving me nuts. I finally got it to boot without the usb stick after HOURS of work. I too was noob at this and it still confuses the hell out of me but at this point I have enough of an understanding to figure out most stuff. Heres a short run down of what Ive figured out :

DSDT.aml file = motherboard specific information which can be extracted using an app, then patched for your specific issues
/extra folder = where you put dsdt.aml, and .plist files
/system/library/extensions = where you put .kext files ( but you must use an app not put them manually )

chameleon wizard = program used to make .plist files and set up boot loader
multi beast = program to help do things automatically

hope that helps

Thanks.
I did get quite a fair bit in quite a short time.
For example (this is my Inspiron 15R SE 7520, an Ivy Bridge laptop)
- initial problem was USB 3.0, all 4 ports are USB 3.0 and can't be disabled, managed to get it working by injecting the proper USB 3.0 kexts to the stick, and later to the HDD using Terminal
- Keyboard and Trackpad, installer can't select languange on very first screen, sorted using PS2 kext
- chameleon not installing into the disk (1TB using 4KB block), getting the boot0:error and GPT thing, sorted using booth1 dd to the partition.
- Graphics, managed to extract DSDT.aml using Linux and sent to a guy called ********** (Andrew K) who is extremely helpful and sent me edited DSDT.aml

All boot alright using USB stick, but not from HDD, no huge issue but I wwant it resolved. Will see later when I get to my laptop at home.
Weird thing is I use the Chameleon Wizard to edit the boot option for GraphicsEnabler=No, and the Graphics Mode thing to 1366x768x32 and make it boot using my DSDT.aml
and save it and installed it to the HDD.
And both boot up using USB and HDD shows those parameters are taken in, but the HDD one bootloop while the USB one succeeed
And now trackpad not working again (was working before the DSDT modified).
I may need to edit out something in DSDT

Challenges to get thing working:
- no network at all. wifi is Centrino 2230, LAN is RTL8111/8168B (card detected by the lnx_mac something driver, has MAC address, but can't connect either manual or DHCP)
if only I can pass that one hurdle it will be a huge step forward. Audio later for me.

I know, I get the laptop because it is good specs and cheap. I know it will be difficult to put ML on it because no one has tried or reported success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back