Contribute
Register

Reboot loop el Capitan after installation reboot. (Panic CPU and PCI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Dear experts,

Yesterday I have been updating my hackingtosh from OSX Lion to Yosemite. Everything went smooth. Then I discovered that there had been a new release from tonymac: El capitan. Couldn't resist: installed el capitan.
After installing and the first boot I come across a reboot loop and I just can't work my way around. I have spend many hours on the forum to fix it... Just unsuccesfull. Hope you guys can help me.

My configuration:
MoBo: z87x-ud3h
CPU: i7 Intel
GPU: Gtx 650ti

If I start up in verbose and all those boot lines like: GraphicsEnabler=1, CPU=1, -F etc, etc I always get one of the following screens before it reboots.

Thanks a million,
Pepper662

Attachments

• screen 2.jpg
    screen 2.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 115
  • screen 1.jpg
    screen 1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 100
Dear experts,

Yesterday I have been updating my hackingtosh from OSX Lion to Yosemite. Everything went smooth. Then I discovered that there had been a new release from tonymac: El capitan. Couldn't resist: installed el capitan.
After installing and the first boot I come across a reboot loop and I just can't work my way around. I have spend many hours on the forum to fix it... Just unsuccesfull. Hope you guys can help me.

My configuration:
MoBo: z87x-ud3h
CPU: i7 Intel
GPU: Gtx 650ti

If I start up in verbose and all those boot lines like: GraphicsEnabler=1, CPU=1, -F etc, etc I always get one of the following screens before it reboots.

Thanks a million,
Pepper662

GraphicsEnabler=1 is not a valid boot argument for Clover.
Try nv_disable=1 or perhaps install using integrated graphics (if you have any).

Please add details of your processor to your profile.

GraphicsEnabler=1 is not a valid boot argument for Clover.
Try nv_disable=1 or perhaps install using integrated graphics (if you have any).

Please add details of your processor to your profile.

Dear P1lgrim,

Thanks for your reply. I have added my specs. I have already tried the nv_disable=1. Didn't work.
But the weird thing is that it worked perfectly with lion+the old bootloader (forgot the name for a sec) And also worked perfect with yosemite + clover... And because the setup of el capitan went also succesful I cannot go back to yosemite because then it says that I already have a new version...

Do you have any other idea's? I will try remove all not super essential hardware out of my computer and try again. But if you have the golden tip I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Pepper662

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back