Contribute
Register

Reboot loop at apple logo (End RandomSeed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z370M D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 8600k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX1060 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
First time post, so apologies if i miss anything...

I have built the Hackintosh (specs below) and had it dual booting with High Seirra and Windows 10 (about 2 days running with no issues swapping between the two OS). I tried to log into High Seirra today and it is getting stuck and rebooting as the apple logo pops up. I ran -v and it showed that it was stopping at 'End RandomSeed' and then a row of pluses. It does not matter which drive I select all of them (accept windows) hit the same point in verbose and restart. I can not get into the High Seirra or the Recovery.

I know that there are other forums with this problem, but they all seem to be during install, not after everything is working.

During the 2 days there have been installs, new drivers, and system updates on both operating systems so it could have been anything... but, the last thing I remember before the issue was install Paragon and system update windows (there were about 4 or so hours of computer use during this time though so I can't lock it down to just this) (Is it possible that Windows changed BIOS settings during an update? I couldn't see anything different but I'm not sure)

I have tried removing all other drives and just booting with the mac os ssd, with no success.

Any ideas???

System Specs:
Gigabyte z370M D3H
i7 8600k
2 x 8GB G.Skill Trident
EVGA Geforce GTX1060 SC

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi, wondering if you ever solved this issue? Having a very similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back