PNY GeForce GT220 1024MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm trying to Install OSX 10.8 via internal HD.
I have done an Image restore (base system), and installed the latest chimera on that drive, copied the full packages folder, put fakesmc.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kxt onto s/l/e. Finally i copied the mach kernel to the Install HD and repaired permissions.

When I try to Install, the System does a reboot after loading all the kext -files, is there a way to log the output via -v flag into a file?
The reboot happens too fast, so i cannot see the last output.

-x -f -s doesn't change anything.

please help.
Thank you.

- Asrock Controe 1333 D667 rev.1
- Core2Duo E4300 @ 2GhZ
- 3GB DDR667 RAM
- PNY GeForce GT220

Lion 10.7.4 works great @ 64Bit, no additional kext's needed (just fakesmc.kext)
No use of Onboard Sound (usb device).

I'm confused... Why not run Unibeast pointed to that drive?

I am at the same point as you, haven't been able to get past the reboots. Have tried Unibeast, Xmove, copying basesystem to a drive...nothing.

You can pause the verbose with the Pause Break Key (usually around the print screen key). The final text before it reboots in my case is just the boot args though :(.

I'm confused... Why not run Unibeast pointed to that drive?

I already tried that, but there will no Install files be copied to the Internal HD... don't know why but I have tried that with an USB Stick too and I have the same problems (reboot loop).

@nickuh: lol, yes I already have tried the pause button but have forgotten to use the fn -key :) (I'ts not a Notebook, just a weird Keyboard ;) )

but It's the same, just the Boot Flags are shown... and then restart.

I can't find any Solutions for that, no matter where I searchin'

I'm also stuck with this reboot loop before the kernel even loads.
At a loss as to what could be causing it as all the posts i read are all different hardware no 2 systems are the same hardware wise that have this issue it seems
It's a sad day

It appears to be a problem with my graphics card, some people say that the restart before loading the GUI points to that.
I have a PNY GeForce GT 220, on board is a GMA950 (The GMA doesn't work at all because of 32Bit restrictions in available kext's.).

I couldn't find a clear answer if my geForce is 10.8 Compatible or not... an EFI String doesn't help.
@justin_a_: Which graphics card are you using?

In my case the reboot loop was caused by „old“ chameleon-boot files (boot1h) on my first 10.6.-partition (i installed ml on the second partition). Maybe a „complete“ installation of a current bootloader can help ...

Sadly this is not the Problem in my case.
I have done a complete repartitioning of the Drive and have installed the actual chimera onto the drive.

Thank you for your reply.

i tried all the different bootloaders i could think of and im using a nVidia 9500 GT which should be supported from what i have read so far

Has anyone been able to install 10.8.x on a conroe1333-d667 board yet? Am at a standstill.

Thanks,

Namidar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back