Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I got a mega situation here.

I currently own a HP Probook 4530s and i switched my HDD for an SSD (Intel 530 Series), but the laptop does not recognise the SSD after a reboot...
Being googling about the issue, and it says that the laptop does not recognise the hdd that fast after the reboot, so the solution i need to use is to shutdown the computer manually and turning it back on.

Anyone ever passed by this situation? How to fix it?

Hi all,

I got a mega situation here.

I currently own a HP Probook 4530s and i switched my HDD for an SSD (Intel 530 Series), but the laptop does not recognise the SSD after a reboot...
Being googling about the issue, and it says that the laptop does not recognise the hdd that fast after the reboot, so the solution i need to use is to shutdown the computer manually and turning it back on.

Anyone ever passed by this situation? How to fix it?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Make sure your SSD has the latest firmware.

Make sure "fast boot" is disabled in BIOS.

Make sure BIOS is the latest.

Also, make sure you followed the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11-a.html

Had this issue before if you remember RehabMan. All it was is Trim what was causing my problem I'm currently using a Intel 535 240GB was having issues with this SSD when Trim was enabled.

Had this issue before if you remember RehabMan. All it was is Trim what was causing my problem I'm currently using a Intel 535 240GB was having issues with this SSD when Trim was enabled.

There is a TRIM issue mentioned in the guide... that's why I linked the guide.

But the issue mentioned here is not the same as yours.

I see. Take it the best thing is to stay away from Trim with certain SSDs.

I see. Take it the best thing is to stay away from Trim with certain SSDs.

I think this issue is most likely "fast boot" in BIOS.

I notice on my Intel Broadwell NUC (I should add it to my sig), Intel has an option to control the delay before BIOS goes searching for boot targets. I suspect that delay can be used to fix this problem with slower than average SSDs (as far as "time to ready").

I don't get why you can't use Fast Boot it works perfectly fine on some machines. The boot pauses are annoying when you first boot when scanning drives. It takes couple of seconds for drive scanning on my 4530s.

I don't get why you can't use Fast Boot it works perfectly fine on some machines. The boot pauses are annoying when you first boot when scanning drives. It takes couple of seconds for drive scanning on my 4530s.

Fast boot breaks a lot of things:
- Clover detection of devices other than the boot device
- breaks bluetooth
- sometimes breaks optical drive

The OPs issue is not "annoying boot pause". Please read post #1 and keep things on-topic.

I had problems with Fast boot on mine where other partitions wouldn't show in Clover.

I had problems with Fast boot on mine where other partitions wouldn't show in Clover.

Yes that is bullet#1 in my previous post "Clover detection of devices other than the boot device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back