Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151
CPU
Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Hi guys,

a few months ago I sucessfully installed Sierra on my build with Unibeast / Multibeast. So far, it has been running smoothly, except sleep which seems to be a problem in general but I wonder if there is room for optimization to increase stability and or power.

If the computer goes to sleep, it is wakeable for a few seconds by moving the mouse and comes right back - then it seems that it actually sleeps, the power LED starts blinking and it stops making any noise. If I try to wake it up at that point, it always reboots, and on entering OS X again, it shows a warning that the computer had a problem and needed to be rebooted.
Also, if I shut down the computer, instead of shutting down completely, it powers on again after a second or so.
I have Windows on another partition of my SSD where sleep and shutdown works just fine.
I tried playing around with the darkwake string in the config.plist, but no option changed anything.
Is there something I can do about this?

My BIOS is left default, has VT-D and Intel Virtualization Technology disabled.
I've found more settings I posted here but I'm not sure if they apply to me: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...and-general-optimization.215212/#post-1441820

Also I've created a CPU SSDT with Pikers script and wonder if there are other SSDTs and or maybe even a DSDT I should try to add.

Thanks a lot!

This is my hardware:

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz
ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151
Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400

My Multibeast settings:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 Series
Audio Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766
UEFI Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1

Last edited:
Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0
Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
There is no need for GenericUSBXHCI.kext (3rd Party USB 3.0). Your have Intel USB. You can delete this.
You have a 100 Series motherboard. No need for 7/8/9 Series USB Support. You can delete these.
The port limit patch is excellent to use primarily for documenting which ports you have in use but this will cause instabilities with Sleep. Take a look at creating an SSDT specific to your motherboards USB configuration. USB procedure in the older Skylake guide

Hi wildwillow, thanks for the reply!
I removed these options, also applied the Blackscreenpatch, changed definition to iMac17,1 and created a SSDT for my CPU with Pikers script. It seems the system already boots faster as before.
I will follow the guide you posted shortly.
I also found the DSDT fixes and patches here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-dsdt-fixes.176195/
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI
(SlpSmiAtWake, FixShutdown, SuspendOverride, maybe more?)
from which a few seem relevant to me, but I can't really tell. How can I find out if these are of use to me? What else is there I could do to increase stability and efficience on the system?
To the BIOS: I left the default settings except turned off VT-D and the Intel Virtualization Technology. I didn't find any of the other options. I found this thread here with an ASRock Bios, but I'm not sure if the CPU and the other settings apply to me since its another Motherboard and CPU (not Skylake either I think?)
Advanced / Chipset Configuration:

Primary Graphics Adapter = PCI Express

VT-d = Disabled

IGPU = Disabled

Advanced / CPU Configuration [CPU PM (native XCPM mode) & flawless Sleep and Wake]:

CPU C States Support = Enabled

Enhanced Halt Support (C1E) = Enabled

CPU C3 State Support = Disabled

CPU C6 State Support = Auto

CPU C7 State Support = Auto

Package C State Support = C6

Advanced / Storage Configuration:

SATA Controller(s) = Enabled

SATA Mode Selection = AHCI

Advanced:

Intel Rapid Start Technology = Disabled

Intel Smart Connect Technology = Disabled

Advanced / ACPI Configuration:

Suspend to RAM = Auto

Check Ready Bit = Enabled

ACPI HPET Table = Enabled

RTC Alarm Power On = By OS (this setting doesn't cause system waking on every 2 hours!)

USB Keyboard / Remote Power On = Enabled

USB Mouse Power On = Enabled

Advanced / USB Configuration:

USB Controller = Enabled

Intel USB3.0 Mode = Smart Auto

Legacy USB Support = Enabled

Legacy USB3.0 Support = Enabled

USB Compatibility Patch = Disabled

Boot:

CSM (Compatibility Support Module) = Disabled

Security:

Secure Boot = Disabled

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-pro4-yosemite-with-clover-uefi-installation/

Thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:
(SlpSmiAtWake, FixShutdown, SuspendOverride, maybe more?)
from which a few seem relevant to me, but I can't really tell. How can I find out if these are of use to me? What else is there I could do to increase stability and efficience on the system?
I don't use these on my Skylake build and the system sleeps perfectly. The power management SSDT and USB SSDT will give the best chances of success with sleep. As for the BIOS your settings look good. If you don't fix your USB you'll wake to a black screen each. Even though its graphics that fails, it seems the system needs to wake USB before the monitor.

Thanks for the reply! I've created the USB SSDT and it seems to work - IOReg is showing only the USB ports I defined. I'm supposed to leave the USBInjectAll.kext where it is though, right? I turned off powernap in the settings as I don't need it and added darkwake=0 to the bootargs to make sure.
Unfortunately the problem still persists :(
Maybe I should try these DSDT patches?

What have you got attached to the system? You could remove everything other than the keyboard and mouse/trackpad just to eliminate any issues with your peripherals. You could also test setting darkwake=No.
By all means you could try those DSDT patches but as I mentioned I haven't used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back