Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Booted into my Whackintosh last night. Started using the Apple wired keyboard, and then changed the Power Settings to prevent anything from going into sleep mode. I then posted here, and proceeded to shut down. The Whackintosh shut down and then booted again on its own.

When it came back up to the login screen, I clicked the Shutdown option instead of logging in, and again is hut down and then booted again. This time I logged in and thought that maybe it was the Power Settings not allowing the Whackintosh to stay off. I hit the Reset to defaults button and restored the Power Settings default values, and then shut down.

The Whackintosh shut down and booted again. Having enough of this, I hit the shutdown option again and then flipped the power switch on the Corsair power supply. I guess I should see if this happens with a non-Apple keyboard.

OK< it is the Apple keyboard. I had my Whackintosh shut down and during the process used the UEFI boot to select the Windows 7 SSD. I changed the keyboard to a Windows standard unit and rebooted, using the UEFI boot option to select the Whackintosh to boot. I logged in and then shut down and the Whackintosh shut down, like it was suppose to.

Ideas or suggestions? I 'think' this started after I played with the Power Settings yesterday, and even though I reset the values to default this issue remained. I do not have much invested in the OSX install so I can repeat the experience by re-installing.

Wow, i was going to ask exactly the same question :)
I've got the same problem, my computer reboot instead of shutdown...
I've also played with power setting yesterday! I've also changed to "no sleep" for hard drive or something like that.
I'll check tonight and tell you if it was this

For me at least it turned out to be the Wake on LAN NIC feature got turned on in the BIOS. I disabled it. So far so good, but I've only done a couple of shutdown tests. :mrgreen:

I have the same problem here. Unfortunately, I need the Wake on LAN feature from time to time. Is there a possibility not to deactivate this function but also preventing the Hackintosh from rebooting?
Thanks for your help!

My System:
i7-4770K
8GB RAM
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
Gainward GTX 770 Phantom 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back