Contribute
Register

reboot and select proper boot device

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Pilgrim, your point about cloning an OS is taken and my profuse apologies for contravention of the rules.
My booting problem is still not resolved however i.e. how do I get to the iBoot screen using the iBoot Haswell discs (zipped or unzipped). Is my spec. OK? Does it matter that there are only 6Mb SATA sockets on the board and no 3Mbs as recommended in the guide? How come my Windows discs are found and not my iBoot? Everything seems to work OK - the DVD drive lights up first, then the HDD led flashes. The health check looks normal. I've seen references to extending "seek times" in BIOS but don't know anything about that.
Forgive my desperation, I'll be 80 years of age next birthday and my computer degree is over 30 years old so I am more than a little bit confused.

My booting problem is still not resolved however i.e. how do I get to the iBoot screen using the iBoot Haswell discs (zipped or unzipped). Is my spec. OK? Does it matter that there are only 6Mb SATA sockets on the board and no 3Mbs as recommended in the guide? How come my Windows discs are found and not my iBoot? Everything seems to work OK - the DVD drive lights up first, then the HDD led flashes. The health check looks normal. I've seen references to extending "seek times" in BIOS but don't know anything about that.

You have to burn the unzipped iBoot Haswell image to a CD (not a DVD) not just copy the files.

Thanks for that, Pilgrim. I'm going to need some help with this from someone who knows what to do. This is a lot harder than I expected and many others too from the 600+ threads on SL installation alone.

Thanks for that, Pilgrim. I'm going to need some help with this from someone who knows what to do. This is a lot harder than I expected and many others too from the 600+ threads on SL installation alone.

If you know someone (as you said in Post #7) who owns a Mac or Hack, it's quite permissible for you to create your UniBeast flash drive on their kit using your Apple ID to download Yosemite.

The Snow Leopard thing is a sort of last resort for people with no other means.

Well, at last I got things running but the SL install failed after about 30 seconds of activity on the screen and returned me to the " reboot etc." screen. I tried again with PCIRootUID=1 with same result. Adding -x, the ODD ran for about 2 minutes with a blank screen before returning to "reboot etc." screen. I can't read any error messages because they disappear when "boot" screen appears. I can't find any threads which correspond to these symptoms when I search on "can't get to installation screen". I have no graphic card, the SDD is in SATA 0, the ODD is in SATA 2, the HDD is unconnected. The monitor is connected via HDMI. More help please.

Well, at last I got things running but the SL install failed after about 30 seconds of activity on the screen and returned me to the " reboot etc." screen. I tried again with PCIRootUID=1 with same result. Adding -x, the ODD ran for about 2 minutes with a blank screen before returning to "reboot etc." screen. I can't read any error messages because they disappear when "boot" screen appears. I can't find any threads which correspond to these symptoms when I search on "can't get to installation screen". I have no graphic card, the SDD is in SATA 0, the ODD is in SATA 2, the HDD is unconnected. The monitor is connected via HDMI. More help please.

Have you disabled VT-d in BIOS ? If not please do so.

Try booting with -v -x PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

I tried all that. After scrolling through 20 screens of downloading files it ended with this final screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 82
I tried all that. After scrolling through 20 screens of downloading files it ended with this final screen.

Sorry, I've no more ideas - Hopefully someone else has.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back