Contribute
Register

Reboot after selecting installation file.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage II GENE X58
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
RTX 560
Hello! I wanna start off by saying that I built hackintoshes in the past, but I've never encountered a problem such as this before, I also rarely saw other people mention this. I have an Intel i7-920 (Nehalem), an RX 560 and an ASUS Rampage II gene (Non-UEFI). When I chose to boot from my installation media (MacOS Montery with dortania's guide), everything goes as it would normally, until a certain point when the PC just tries to shut it self down, and by doing so restart the whole computer. What should I do?

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    10.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
EFI/OC/config.plist
1. In DeviceProperties/Add, you have one "child" path. According to the Nehalem OpenCore Install Guide's "TL/DR" comment you should delete that.
Device Properties.jpg

2. In Kernel/Add/0 the Enabled value is YES; the OC guide does not show AHCIPortInjector.kext being used. (In the guide, Lilu.kext is the first item listed.) Maybe it is in other sub-items, but it's not mentioned.

3. In Kernel/Quirks/DisableIoMapper you have Value=NO; the guide says YES. But NO is okay if you have disabled VT-D in your BIOS.

4. In Misc/Debug/DisableWatchDog you have Value=YES, guide says NO.

5. In NVRAM/Add/third item/boot-args Value: you are missing "alcid=1" which is okay if you have a path to your audio in the DeviceProperties section. But the guide says to leave that area blank. I apologize if that entry you have there is that needed path; in that case ignore my comment in 1. above. Also you have "msgbuf=1048576" in the Value column... I have no idea what that is so cannot comment.

6. In Platforminfo/GenericSystemProductName (or SMBIOS) you have Value=iMac20,2 and that is a mystery to me. The SMBIOS is supposed to be at least roughly equivalent to a comparable genuine Mac... is that recommended for a Nehalem build? No expert here but that seems strange to me. Sorry to ramble. (The guide suggests MacPro6,1.)
Nehalem SMBIOS.jpg

7. In UEFI/Drivers, cannot comment since your Nehalem is a "Legacy" build rather than UEFI and I have no knowledge how to comment in this area.
Drivers.jpg

That's all I could see; HTH.

In case you don't have this "gfxutil" app, I've attached it. It can be used to identify the path for the particular audio codec in your computer, among other things (I think it means "graphics utility.") It will bring up Terminal and read out many paths and tie them to functions. In my case the path for "HDEF" is shown. Don't know about Nehalem.

Attachments

• gfxutil.zip
    52 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back