i5-9600K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Everything was working well on Mojave on my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming based hackintosh.
I had to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi with Clover in order to have shut-down, reboot and sleep to work.

I updated to Catalina but now my hackintosh can shut-down, sleep, and reboot well but it reboots a few seconds after wake-up (I just can see the logon screen, type my password, then it reboots)

Any ideas ?

I would check your config.plist and see if you have "hda-gfx" in audio device properties. I was having the same issue and after trying a bunch of tricks usbinject, etc. Removing this line fixed it for me.

I believe it has something to do with the audio over HDMI so if you are using that it may not work.

I have exactly the same issue, but I don't have the "hda-gfx" line in my config file. After removing the AppleAlc.kext in the clover kext folder the system is no longer rebooting after wake up, but it will wake up as soon as it went into hibernation mode.

Thanks but I removed "hda-gfx" line without success.....

I've also been having sleep issues with my system since I built it about 3 months ago.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro.

The typical behavior I get is the system wakes a few minutes after going to sleep. The monitor stays asleep but the CPU, fans, etc wake and continue to run, never going back into sleep mode.

I'll check the hda-gfx to see if I have it installed.

Update: 10/15
I could not find any reference to "hda-gfx". It's very possible I wasn't looking the correct place.

Last edited:
I've also been having sleep issues with my system since I built it about 3 months ago.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro.

The typical behavior I get is the system wakes a few minutes after going to sleep. The monitor stays asleep but the CPU, fans, etc wake and continue to run, never going back into sleep mode.

I'll check the hda-gfx to see if I have it installed.

Update: 10/15
I could not find any reference to "hda-gfx". It's very possible I wasn't looking the correct place.
hda-gfx is a boot argument, if you're using it then it's in clover's config.plist

Anyway, my Z390 Aorus Master sleeps well. Hibernation is not going well. It shuts down and when I wake it, it reboots.
Only way for Clover to show (hibernated) is by using the Clover option 'stricthibernation'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back