ATI HD 4850 1 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
Could anyone share a working Realtek rtl 8139 network card kext for Mountain Lion? I can't make it work, though it worked well in Lion.
Etrhernet card appears in system report but it doesn't appear among network interfaces.
Thanks in advance!

I use this one for my Realtek RTL 8139D in Lion and in Mountain Lion!

Let me know if it work for you too ;):D

Attachments

• RTL8139.pkg.zip
    50 KB · Views: 3,573
Thanks! It works. I found that you have to copy it into Plugin folder of vanilla kext and repair permissions. Then it'll work.

Thanks! It works. I found that you have to copy it into Plugin folder of vanilla kext and repair permissions. Then it'll work.

I'm glad I could help you! :thumbup:

Have fun! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I can't make it work!

Please tell me if you use a DSDT entry and/or EthernetBuiltIn in the boot.plist.

Mi card is PCI. I tried with many DSDT's mods and none work. The weird part is that it used to work in Snow Leo and Lion.

Please help!

Cheers!

I use neither. You are probably trying to install the kext, like I did before. It won't work that way. You just have to copy the plugin into the Plugins folder of vaniila IONetworking kext and repair permissions. If you installed modified IONetworking kext before, restore backup (with .bak extension)

I am having the same problem:

I just installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 from USB but some devices are not working.

I tried multibeast 5.2.1 but it always at the end reports "error during installation". This error is reported even when installing only DSDT.

I also installed the RTL8139.pkg packet but the network card is not detected.

I installed a PCI 8139 card because the integrated one is very strange (atheros).

I am having problems also with the video but I am trying to start with something that should be easy: get a standard RTL8139 working...

Any help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back