Contribute
Register

Realtek new driver in MultiBeast 6.3.1 RTL8111 v1.2.0 : what's new and how to install over RTL81xx v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.10.3
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics
MSI GTX 760 OC Twin Frozr 2 Go
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I have installed Mavericks with MultiBeast 6.2.1 with Realtek driver RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90.
Since the new version of MultiBeast 6.3.1 released, I wonder about putting the new RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.0 driver.
But what give the new driver compared to the old one ?

Second question : I try to install the new one with the lasted MultiBeast, but it doesn't seems to be installed as I found only the RealtekRTL81xx.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ .
How can I uninstall the old one in order to install the new one ?

Thank you very much
++
Miles

edit : my motherboard is this one : GA-P55A-UD4 -> http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3239&dl=1#sp

I am not sure of the difference but using the 1.2.0 drivers caused me to have random network drop outs when I tried to send a lot of data over the line at one time. I switched back to the 0.0.90 driver and the problems went away.

I am not sure of the difference but using the 1.2.0 drivers caused me to have random network drop outs when I tried to send a lot of data over the line at one time. I switched back to the 0.0.90 driver and the problems went away.
I had also some disconnection...
I try to install the 1.2.2-dev3 version (found on insanleymac), and it appears to be stable.
Wait & See :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back