HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl
CPU
i5-1035G1
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics, 1920*1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I ran the dxdiag command on my Windows laptop to find some information about the audio codec it has, and when I click on the sound tab, it says my audio device is "Realtek High Definition Audio". What kext should I use for my system (AppleALC, VoodooHDA, etc.)? If these won't work, what should I do to get my audio working?

BTW I haven't installed macOS yet, but only want to if my audio will work.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I ran the dxdiag command on my Windows laptop to find some information about the audio codec it has, and when I click on the sound tab, it says my audio device is "Realtek High Definition Audio". What kext should I use for my system (AppleALC, VoodooHDA, etc.)? If these won't work, what should I do to get my audio working?

BTW I haven't installed macOS yet, but only want to if my audio will work.

Thanks in advance!
create a live linux usb stick:

create a live linux usb stick:
Do you know how to create that linux stick? Sorry, I am quite new to hackintoshing, so I am not familiar with all the concepts.

Do you know how to create that linux stick? Sorry, I am quite new to hackintoshing, so I am not familiar with all the concepts.
download ubuntu and use rufus to create the usb installer

download ubuntu and use rufus to create the usb installer
Okay :). Just to clarify, I then boot from the USB and get the codec dump?

Okay :). Just to clarify, I then boot from the USB and get the codec dump?
yep

just boot with the usb installer, get to the desktop, open terminal, run the command, you should then have a file called codec_dump.txt on your desktop, open that file and at the very top it should say:
Codec: Realtek ALCXXX

XXX would be some numbers

then pop over to:

to see what layout id's are compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back