Contribute
Register

Realtek Ethernet kext not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. Most onboard devices are PCI/PCIe.
It is how, eventually, everything connects (eg. even USB devices are eventually connected via the USB controller, which is PCIe).
The boot flags npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 I guess that they reduce, in a way, the PCI connectivity regarding the OS. At my first attempts of hackintoshing, after I was able to create the first Unibeast pen drives, things got stuck into PCI configuration begin. My guess was that, since the video card is the only PCI connected component, that is the cause. Since then, I have changed the CPU from Pentium Dual Core to Core2Duo, to upgrade to Sierra. But the need for npci=0x3000 remained. Perhaps the issue was not the graphics card, after all? This information changes the whole picture. If the issue is in the motherboard itself, deeply embedded, no solution will probably work. Am I right?

The boot flags npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 I guess that they reduce, in a way, the PCI connectivity regarding the OS. At my first attempts of hackintoshing, after I was able to create the first Unibeast pen drives, things got stuck into PCI configuration begin. My guess was that, since the video card is the only PCI connected component, that is the cause. Since then, I have changed the CPU from Pentium Dual Core to Core2Duo, to upgrade to Sierra. But the need for npci=0x3000 remained. Perhaps the issue was not the graphics card, after all? This information changes the whole picture. If the issue is in the motherboard itself, deeply embedded, no solution will probably work. Am I right?

At this point, I don't have any idea which device you're trying to make work, nor what drivers you're using.
But yes, I'm aware of Meize's driver requirement of no messing around with npci.
Perhaps it is time for you to replace your aging hardware with modern hardware...

At this point, I don't have any idea which device you're trying to make work, nor what drivers you're using.
But yes, I'm aware of Meize's driver requirement of no messing around with npci.
Perhaps it is time for you to replace your aging hardware with modern hardware...
Budget is a big issue. I can only afford refurbished components. If I had money, I shall build a CustoMac on 2017 standards and that will last for several years. But money is limited. And Mac OS X is a pretty convenient option between Windows and Linux. Any edition of Mac OS X that is still supported by relevant apps will cause issues on this hardware. So, there is a clear chance that the need for npci=0x3000 to reside in the motherboard itself, not on the video card.

Last edited:
Tried a test to see if the issue that requires npci=0x3000 is in the motherboard or in the video card. Edited the config plist of the Clover of the installation pen drive, changed Inject Nvidia to false and inject Intel to true, added nv_disable=1 and removed npci=0x3000. It got stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. So, I guess this means the issue is in the motherboard, not in the video card. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back