Intel 1VG5R
CPU
Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz
Graphics
intel 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

My audio was working with clean install but the headphone jack wasn't. I've tried to make it work by following the steps from wmchris (see compressed folder 'audio'). I've tried to follow both tutorials; knnspeed and sysCL but it didn't work. Probably ****ed it up somewhere because the 'install.sh' files in both folders didn't work. For example the command : sudo cp ComboJack /usr/bin' always gave me the message 'no file in directory'. I've made the install.sh file work by dragging it into the terminal, don't know it that was the right procedure? Maybe there is some residu left.

I wasn't able to fix the headphone jack, but unfortunately the speaker isn't working now either. No audio device is detected. Like I said previously, audio was working with clean install so I know there must be something wrong. I've attached my clover and all the other files in the 'problem reporting zip'. I also included an 'audio zip' file from wmchris which I both followed to get the headphone jack working. Maybe I did something wrong with the files provided by wmchris which made the speaker not working and I'm hoping someone can pinpoint which file I need to uninstall in order to get the speaker working again.

Help is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    6 MB · Views: 112
  • Audio.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
Hi,

My audio was working with clean install but the headphone jack wasn't. I've tried to make it work by following the steps from wmchris (see compressed folder 'audio'). I've tried to follow both tutorials; knnspeed and sysCL but it didn't work. Probably ****ed it up somewhere because the 'install.sh' files in both folders didn't work. For example the command : sudo cp ComboJack /usr/bin' always gave me the message 'no file in directory'. I've made the install.sh file work by dragging it into the terminal, don't know it that was the right procedure? Maybe there is some residu left.

I wasn't able to fix the headphone jack, but unfortunately the speaker isn't working now either. No audio device is detected. Like I said previously, audio was working with clean install so I know there must be something wrong. I've attached my clover and all the other files in the 'problem reporting zip'. I also included an 'audio zip' file from wmchris which I both followed to get the headphone jack working. Maybe I did something wrong with the files provided by wmchris which made the speaker not working and I'm hoping someone can pinpoint which file I need to uninstall in order to get the speaker working again.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I've used the script like you said. See debug_31993 file attached. I also included my Clover folder.

My bluetooth device is also not detected btw so when you know of an easy solution while looking for my audio problem that would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_31993.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 88
  • CLOVER.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 111
I've used the script like you said. See debug_31993 file attached. I also included my Clover folder.

My bluetooth device is also not detected btw so when you know of an easy solution while looking for my audio problem that would be great. Thanks!

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume (/L/E).
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Regarding BT, refer to the FAQ:

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume (/L/E).
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Regarding BT, refer to the FAQ:

What do you mean by 'not installed correctly'? Do you mean I have to move them from S/L/E to L/E? Is it because of the invalid signature? Do I resolve this by removing and installing kext via:

Code:
sudo rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/KextToInstall.kext
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/KextToInstall.kext
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

I saw that lilu.kext was missing. I've installed it and device is still not detected.

What do you mean by 'not installed correctly'?

For example:
- FakeSMC.kext not installed. There should be no doubt that FakeSMC.kext is a "kext you need", therefore I should always see it listed in the kextcache output as installed to /L/E.
- /S/L/E is the incorrect location (read the FAQ)... /L/E is correct

Hi,

We’re you able to get this working? I’m in the same boat with my headphone jack on a Dell Precision 5510. Speakers work, headphones are distorted. Bluetooth is installed but not working. Everything else is working great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

We’re you able to get this working? I’m in the same boat with my headphone jack on a Dell Precision 5510. Speakers work, headphones are distorted. Bluetooth is installed but not working. Everything else is working great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back