CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I try to get the internal microphone of my laptop to work.
I already used AppleHDA Patcher by @Mirone and Micky1979 and sound works fine. But the microphone doe not work, it is only detected. I found out that alc233 and alc3236 are very similar (layout-id 3 and 4) so I used AppleHDA kexts that were told to work for alc233 but again only sound works.
Is anybody able to help me?

ALC3236
El Capitan 10.11.5

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I try to get the internal microphone of my laptop to work.
I already used AppleHDA Patcher by @Mirone and Micky1979 and sound works fine. But the microphone doe not work, it is only detected. I found out that alc233 and alc3236 are very similar (layout-id 3 and 4) so I used AppleHDA kexts that were told to work for alc233 but again only sound works.
Is anybody able to help me?

ALC3236
El Capitan 10.11.5

Thank you in advance!

Internal or external mic? What do you see in SysPrefs->Sound. AppleHDA XML files have to be specifically patched for each input/output.

Internal does not work, external perfectly.

Internal does not work, external perfectly.

You did not answer all my questions in post #2.

But it definitely sounds like the XML (layout/Platforms) is not correct for your codec...

You did not answer all my questions in post #2.

But it definitely sounds like the XML (layout/Platforms) is not correct for your codec...

Sorry. In the settings I see my internal microphone.
I already patched AppleHDA manually in the past with the same result.

I attached my codec dump

Attachments

• card1-codec#0.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 296
Sorry. In the settings I see my internal microphone.
I already patched AppleHDA manually in the past with the same result.

I attached my codec dump

Are you saying you created your own Platforms.xml and layout.xml files?

If so, patching AppleHDA is tricky... you probably made a mistake.

Ok the guide did not help again. Instead I now used AppleHDA Patcher again and modified the patched AppleHDA.kext. Now I corrected the NodeIDs and my microphone is recognized as "Internal microphone" but in the tab output. That is weird, what did I do wrong? I attached my Platforms.xml with .txt extension.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Platforms.txt
    90 KB · Views: 343
Ok the guide did not help again. Instead I now used AppleHDA Patcher again and modified the patched AppleHDA.kext. Now I corrected the NodeIDs and my microphone is recognized as "Internal microphone" but in the tab output. That is weird, what did I do wrong? I attached my Platforms.xml with .txt extension.

Thank you!

The type is determined by the pinconfigs (in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back