Contribute
Register

Realtek ACL 1150 drivers goes away after booting through Windows???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B150 Gaming M3
CPU
i5 6500 3.20Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been having this issue where the ACL 1150 drivers get disrupted on my hackintosh with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 if I ever boot into Windows, making me reinstall the drivers again after booting into MacOS X, and then restart the PC for changes to take effect. I honestly didn't mind at first, but after a few days it has become a real nuisance.

Is this a common issue at all? And if so, is there a fix to it, or would I have to just deal with it? :/

Nothing to do with macOS.
You have Windows problem, off topic.

The problem occurs in OS X. Booting through Windows is what triggers the problem of the drivers getting disrupted in OS X, that's what I intended to say.

Wrong. Windows/Realtek disables codec.
Choices:
1. Boot Windows only
2. Boot macOS only
3. Fix Windows/Realtek, see Post #2

Problem occurs even if I just shut down the PC and turn it back on. The drivers disappear for no apparent reason, and makes me reinstall them using multibeast.

Problem occurs even if I just shut down the PC and turn it back on. The drivers disappear for no apparent reason, and makes me reinstall them using multibeast.
Restart is not a cold start.
Cold start: Pull the power cord, hold the power button for 30 seconds, connect power, power on.
The drivers disappear for no apparent reason, and makes me reinstall them using multibeast.
The drivers do not disappear, no need to run MultiBeast.

Again, the Realtek driver leaves the codec unusable for macOS; remove it.

Restart is not a cold start.
Cold start: Pull the power cord, hold the power button for 30 seconds, connect power, power on.

The drivers do not disappear, no need to run MultiBeast.

Again, the Realtek driver leaves the codec unusable for macOS; remove it.

I used the Windows Realtek drivers, and the sound in OS X is insanely low, and there's no way to get it up at all. Which drivers should I use if Realtek is not a solution, and using the WinDrivers is not a solution for me either?

I used the Windows Realtek drivers
No such thing as Windows Realtek drivers.
Choices:
a. Realtek driver for Windows
b. Windows Sound driver (no Realtek driver)

Which drivers should I use if Realtek is not a solution, and using the WinDrivers is not a solution for me either?
No suggestions, off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back