Contribute
Register

Really stuck! Cannot see either internal Hard drives in Disk utility when trying to install Maveric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was messing around trying to get Trim working on my Kingston V300 SSD and deleted the IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext. Now my system won't boot or my internal hard drives won't show in disk utility for me to re install Mavericks. I do have an external hard drive that has all of the mavericks kexts. Is there a way to transfer this kext back to my Main hard drive. If so, how do I do this. Is there another way to correct this problem. It also maybe a Bios setting that is not right. I have AHCI set and have chosen to load Optimized settings. Thanks

I am desperate for some help! I cannot continue with my Hackintosh if I cannot see or install my Mac OS mavericks to a non existent hard drive. There must be a way to fix this, but through all of my research I have not found one. Much appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks

I have the same motherboard as you but you're saying that booting from your Unibeast USB you still can't see drives that you could before? Make sure you've got all the other BIOS settings correct. Depending on which SATA ports you are using you need to set AHCI in 2 different areas in the BIOS and make sure you have HPET set to 64bit.

Of course if you are running the UEIF BIOS this may be different as I reverted back to the standard Award BIOS due to system stability issues.

Good luck!

Clipper99 - Thanks for your response, but I think my Hackintosh days are numbered. I have taken my Bios to normal mode by pressing F2! I can only see 1 spot where the AHCI needs to be set and that is already done by default. I do not see the option for HPET 64 bit in my Bios like I had in previous Gigabyte boards. My Internal hard drives are showing up in the Bios, on the windows installer, but not in Disk utility. It is computer specific as the hard drive does show up and I can install Mavericks on the drive using another Hackintosh build. What is the issue. How does a kext being deleted effect me being able to see these internal drives drives in disk utility. I am desperate for some help.

Sounds like you're using the UEFI BIOS:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/123-how-upgrade-bios-uefi-gigabyte-s-6-series-motherboards.html

Like I said, I reverted back to the regular F12 Award BIOS as for me it's way more stable. Right now I've been up and running for the past 4 days with no reboots and plenty of use. If you'd like to go back to the Award BIOS follow this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/181-my-experience-gigabyte-s-beta-uefi-z68-how-flash-back-bios.html

I have no explanation on why you can't see the drive from the Unibeast installer other than try plugging the drive into another SATA port. Using this method it doesn't matter what you've done to your kext files as they don't even come into the equation.

Good luck!

Good News! I guess through pure perseverance my Hard drives now appear in Disk Utility and I was able to install Mavericks.

The problem I am faced with now is 3 sec after I see the Apple Logo and boot up the spinning icon just freezes. The only way I can boot is to use: GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x

What other boot flag could I try to fix this issue. I have lost my fuzzy screen when booting that I had for along time now, which is good. However, if the system doesn't boot without going into safe mode I need some help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back