Contribute
Register

Really Need help installing webdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for helping me. Your theory is right. I just hooked up my computer to a 1080p tv with hdmi and it is working. So how should I go about getting and installing this 4k patch?

Awhile back I had tried using my hack connected to a Samsung 4k TV as well. I learned that Macs do not support 4k over HDMI, not at 60Hz anyway. I had to buy a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 adapter. I bought this one and it worked perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BQ8I54/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I don't remember if there was a setting on the TV itself I needed to change but it was pretty easy to get working. I ended up returning the TV and adapter because I preferred getting a 4k monitor instead but the 4k TV worked fine with the adapter and I believe that's the problem you're having since it works fine at 1080p.

Alright it seems like I got it working on my 4k tv. im using two kexts
Awhile back I had tried using my hack connected to a Samsung 4k TV as well. I learned that Macs do not support 4k over HDMI, not at 60Hz anyway. I had to buy a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 adapter. I bought this one and it worked perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BQ8I54/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I don't remember if there was a setting on the TV itself I needed to change but it was pretty easy to get working. I ended up returning the TV and adapter because I preferred getting a 4k monitor instead but the 4k TV worked fine with the adapter and I believe that's the problem you're having since it works fine at 1080p.

Thanks yeah this is the problem I am having right now. I managed to get 4k through an app called switchresx but I am stuck at only 30hz. This app only gives a 10 day trial also. The picture looks fine but I am not able to use the same TV settings I had on windows which are supposed to be the best for color and input lag. Before I had it on PC mode but now it only works on a setting called "DVI PC". There is also a setting called "UHD color" that I am no longer able to use.

A couple other issues are that I have no idea how to scale the UI. On windows I was most comfortable with 25% scaling and I would like to at least be able to try this on mac to see how it looks.

The last Issue is that I cant get any audio. I don't have external speakers and need to have audio play through the tv. I am currently trying to figure this out but maybe I should buy that adapter first and see if it makes things easier for me.

Alright it seems like I got it working on my 4k tv. im using two kexts

Thanks yeah this is the problem I am having right now. I managed to get 4k through an app called switchresx but I am stuck at only 30hz. This app only gives a 10 day trial also. The picture looks fine but I am not able to use the same TV settings I had on windows which are supposed to be the best for color and input lag. Before I had it on PC mode but now it only works on a setting called "DVI PC". There is also a setting called "UHD color" that I am no longer able to use.

A couple other issues are that I have no idea how to scale the UI. On windows I was most comfortable with 25% scaling and I would like to at least be able to try this on mac to see how it looks.

The last Issue is that I cant get any audio. I don't have external speakers and need to have audio play through the tv. I am currently trying to figure this out but maybe I should buy that adapter first and see if it makes things easier for me.

Now that you mention it, I do recall setting the TV on "PC" mode and turning on "UHD Color" which I believe is what finally gave me 4k at 60Hz (with the aforementioned adapter).

Check out Toleda's thread for HDMI audio:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/

My DisplayPort connector ended up coming in the mail today a day earlier than expected.
4k at 60hz is working but I am still not able to figure out this audio situation.

This is the error message I get in terminal when I run the Toledo script

Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist

Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I was able to find and download "AppleHDA.kext" but I am not sure what to do with it. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back