Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark s
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1070
It seems like no matter what I do I cant get it to work. I have removed the driver with terminal and reinstalled it many times but all it does is boot into a black screen with no signal. I have an asus z97 motherboard with an i7 4790k and a GTX 1070. I am also using hdmi with a tv as the monitor. I have been following storks guide for imac 14,2 and installing the driver with SIP 0x0. I have also tried various kexts in different combinations. I have tried adgpfix, nvgraphicsfixup, nvwebdriverlibvalfix, emuvariableuefi-64, lilu. None have worked for me (at least in the combinations Ive tried). Does anyone have a similar setup to mine and managed to install the driver? I have been trying the past 3 days and am at the point of giving up.

Last edited:
SIP 0x0 means SIP is enabled. Folks report that SIP can be enabled but my personal opinion is that it should be disabled. Enabling SIP on Hackintoshes can do funny things to the kextcache, and if your kextcache is not copacetic you can't boot up.

AGDPFix fixes black screens on some SMBIOSes (macpro6,1, imac17,*, maybe some others). iMac14,2 doesn't require AGDPFix. I don't think it'll break your build but you don't need it.

EmuVariablesUEFI-64.kext fixes nvram emulation on some motherboards such as GA series 10 boards. I don't think it has anything to do with Nvidia web drivers but it's presence will interrupt 10.13 installation. I doubt it's affecting you one way or the other.

NVGraphicsFixup and NVWebDriverLibValFixup, AFAIK, are plugins for lilu. Lilu, AFAIK, doesn't do anything on it's own, it's just a framework for plugins. I don't believe iMac14,2 require these plugins, at least, not simply to boot with accelerated graphics.

Is your only monitor the TV on HDMI? I mean, that's a potential issue on it's own. Your GPU may not be putting out a single that the TV can use. I would get yourself a DVI 1080p monitor. Almost anything is better than a TV on HDMI. Any secondary monitor sitting around, try a different monitor on a different output.

Then you should probably set SIP DISABLED, 0x67 or 0x3FF, delete the graphics kexts on your system: boot using -x for safe mode, -s for single user, or try recovery partition boot, then
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extentions/GeForce*.kext;sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*.kext;sudo rm -rf /Library/Extentions/GeForce*.kext;sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/NVDA*.kext;sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions
then reboot and see if you can boot up low-res graphics. If that works then install the web drivers and boot with SIP disabled.

It seems like no matter what I do I cant get it to work. I have removed the driver with terminal and reinstalled it many times but all it does is boot into a black screen with no signal. I have an asus z97 motherboard with an i7 4790k and a GTX 1070. I am also using hdmi with a tv as the monitor. I have been following storks guide for imac 14,2 and installing the driver with SIP 0x0. I have also tried various kexts in different combinations. I have tried adgpfix, nvgraphicsfixup, nvwebdriverlibvalfix, emuvariableuefi-64, lilu. None have worked for me (at least in the combinations Ive tried). Does anyone have a similar setup to mine and managed to install the driver? I have been trying the past 3 days and am at the point of giving up.
I have similar hardware. Don't use any kexts you don't need, remove any you installed, and if enabling SIP hasn't had any effect leave it fully disabled - 0x3FF will do this. Remove EmuVariableUEFI if you didn't need it in 10.12. Instead try resetting NVRAM and rebuilding caches when the installer finishes.
Code:
sudo nvram -c
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /
If you still get black screen, remove HDMI audio SSDT temporarily and try a different display output.

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extentions/GeForce*.kext;sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*.kext;sudo rm -rf /Library/Extentions/GeForce*.kext;sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/NVDA*.kext;sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions

Alright I pasted your command into terminal and then tried to reinstall the driver. I ignored the error during installation and when I restart I still have no signal. I don't think my tv is the problem. Its one of those higher end samsung ones and its working fine before I install the driver (in low res with glitches)

There are a couple weird things that I've noticed and Im not sure if they make any difference. One of them is that I don't have any mac icon in the clover boot screen, it is just a blank space (but I can click on it and load into the the os). I don't know if this is a problem but looks ugly to me and I don't see anyone else that doesn't have an icon in youtube videos. I also remember that I did have an mac icon in clover the first time I installed with USB. I am attaching a picture of my clover bootloader

Also in regard to that kextcache thing that you mentioned. I ran a command from another guide that was something like sudo kextcache u-. When I ran that it said "kexts cant be staged" and "unauthorized kexts are not allowed". Is it supposed to say those things?

Attachments

• IMG_20171009_155115.jpg
    IMG_20171009_155115.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
sudo nvram -c
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

I ran this command and it said something was locked and then unlocked. After installing the driver it still doesn't work though. I removed all kexts from the EFI other folder and also deleted the ones in system/extensions that i had put there with kext utility. Im going to try hooking up a monitor that I use for gaming. But I really prefer using the tv for productivity stuff and its weird that it wouldn't work.

Finally I made some progress. I hooked it up to my gaming monitor through display port and it is works. But the thing is that I really need it to work on my TV. I prefer using my tv for productivity stuff because it is much bigger and can fully take advantage of 4k resolution. Is there any way I can get this to work?

It is not at all surprising to me that it works better through a gaming monitor on a different port. I've experienced this and read it from others.

It's going to be trial and error. There may be a setting on the TV that will make it more compatible, and there may be a combination of dongle and port that may make it work. You may also have luck with the old standby of booting up with the gaming monitor and connecting or turning on the TV at the desktop (making it a second display).

Note that I think 4K resolution requires a patch. It used to be the "pixel clock patch" but it's something different now, I forget what, a lilu extension kext or config.plist patch. So, be aware of that. If your TV is 4k but you aren't putting out the 4k output that may be a cause of it not working (TVs I think are far less forgiving than computer displays). To test that theory you could connect a non-4k TV via HDMI and see if it works.

Note that I think 4K resolution requires a patch.
Thanks a lot for helping me. Your theory is right. I just hooked up my computer to a 1080p tv with hdmi and it is working. So how should I go about getting and installing this 4k patch?

SIP should be disabled all times on a Hack even after Kext Injection to avoid boot problems. (CsrActiveConfig 0x67) disables SIP. Recommend not partially disabling SIP will cause boot failures.

When I ran that it said "kexts cant be staged" and "unauthorized kexts are not allowed". Is it supposed to say those things?
If you enabled SIP yes you will probably get errors, excluded kexts i suspect is part of the reason why SIP makes the nvidia installation "work", that and it interferes with emulated NVRAM. If its working with a different monitor you need to boot that way, adjusting your configuration until you can attach your normal display without losing output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back