Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

First of all, I've read all of the rules, stickies, and i believe I'm not breaking any rules. If I would happen to do so, it is not my intention!

I've been googling and searching on this forum for a month now I think, and the more I read, the less I understand of the components..

What I'm looking for is a really cheap machine that needs little effort to get OSX running. "Povomac" appears to be answering the most to my needs, but there is little activity in that forum. Other cheap builds most of the time outdated..

So my question: Is there anybody who would be so good to post a list of components? I don't want to spend more than €300 (or $) and the machine doesn't need to be powerful at all. Watching videos, web browsing and listening to movies is all I need! :)

Looking forward for a response,

RadioApoc

you say "the less I understand of the components"
what do you understand less of?

'povomac' (if its that thread im thinking of) is old now, so not worth buying those parts.

which website do you purchase parts from?
do you have a monitor/keyboard or do you need EVERYTHING?

Hello,

First of all, I've read all of the rules, stickies, and i believe I'm not breaking any rules. If I would happen to do so, it is not my intention!

I've been googling and searching on this forum for a month now I think, and the more I read, the less I understand of the components..

What I'm looking for is a really cheap machine that needs little effort to get OSX running. "Povomac" appears to be answering the most to my needs, but there is little activity in that forum. Other cheap builds most of the time outdated..

So my question: Is there anybody who would be so good to post a list of components? I don't want to spend more than €300 (or $) and the machine doesn't need to be powerful at all. Watching videos, web browsing and listening to movies is all I need! :)

Looking forward for a response,

RadioApoc

Try this board from Amazon UK GA-B75M-D3P

I think it's got a 20$ rebate till the end of the month, at least in the US.
Add to it an I3-3225 cpu and 4GB of ram and that's a good start for a little
over 220 dollars. Not sure what it would be in pounds. You'd be using the
integrated HD4000 graphics so no gfx card is needed. Just add the lowest
cost mAtx case and HDD you can get + a corsair cx430 psu and you've got
a good budget build.

you say "the less I understand of the components"
what do you understand less of?

'povomac' (if its that thread im thinking of) is old now, so not worth buying those parts.

which website do you purchase parts from?
do you have a monitor/keyboard or do you need EVERYTHING?

Yes povomac was a bit outdated, most parts aren't even available anymore..
I was thinking of buying from Amazon as Newegg doesn't ship to Belgium where I live.
I need everything, but of course the monitor, keyboard and mouse aren't included in the €300! :)

Follow this guys thread, use the cheapest sandy\ivy cpu you can find, ($35.00 at microcenter), a cheap used video card, (8800gt for example) and you are good to go.....http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

I'll definitely have a look at it!

Yes i've seen the NUC but as the guy under you states, I would indeed end up with a higher price..

This is what I had in mind

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (72.24$)
Intel Celeron G540 ($45)
Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB (1x4GB) (28$)
Antec Three Hundred Case (60)
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w (40$)
Intel 330 SSD 60GB (75$)
And for the video card i'm stuck..

Without video card, I'm already above the 300$ limit. Any ideas how to cut the price? (I really think the CoolerMaster Elite 311 case is ugly..)

Yes povomac was a bit outdated, most parts aren't even available anymore..
I was thinking of buying from Amazon as Newegg doesn't ship to Belgium where I live.
I need everything, but of course the monitor, keyboard and mouse aren't included in the €300! :)

I'll definitely have a look at it!

Yes i've seen the NUC but as the guy under you states, I would indeed end up with a higher price..

This is what I had in mind

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (72.24$)
Intel Celeron G540 ($45)
Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB (1x4GB) (28$)
Antec Three Hundred Case (60)
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w (40$)
Intel 330 SSD 60GB (75$)
And for the video card i'm stuck..

Without video card, I'm already above the 300$ limit. Any ideas how to cut the price? (I really think the CoolerMaster Elite 311 case is ugly..)
cut the PSU down a ton you could probably make it with a 250 watt one, although you get a 430 corsair one for a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back