Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm looking for a mini PCIe half size WLAN adapter for my mac mini build.

The build is based on an Asus Q87T board and my current Atheros AR9280 stopped working moving to macOS Mojave. Is there any adapter in this format that is supported natively, i.e. without any patches, kexts (FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, etc.) or other tweaks?

I found lots of information in this forum but I couldn't find the definite answer.

Best regards,
Tim

Apple removed AirPortAtheros40.kext (found inside IO80211Family.kext, supporting many Atheros Wifi cards) in 10.14
Try adding it with v7 from High Sierra - See post #263 or [Solved] Dell DW1515 aka AR9280 Mojave issues

Thanks BreBo, AirPortAtheros40.kext works nicely if I put it in /L/E but I can't inject it via Clover and I need WLAN during install. Any truly OOB card you are aware of?

Tim

Native Apple networking card (Apple BCM94360CD, Apple BCM943602CS) with a specially modified PCIe or mini-PCIe Adapter.
See Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Hi,

thanks, but I need a half-size mini PCIe for my board. There's probably a small version of the BCM94360 but it seems to need extra kexts for Mojave (AirportBrcmFixup.kext + Lilu.kext) as mentioned here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-bcm94360-not-working-after-mojave-upgrade.261160/

Is the conclusion that there's no card with that form-factor that's running natively with Mojave?

Regards,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back