Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just received my new screen in the mail and I'm ready to open this baby up again to install it. I've pulled this thing apart a few times to replace various things, but nothing that has required a change to my DSDT before, so I must learn this. I've looked it up a little and have found a few programs to make DSDT extracting, editing and compiling easy, but I would like a suggestion (from Rehabman maybe?^_^). I also read that one must boot from unibeast dsdt to extract and edit, is this true? I did open the maciASL program that came with unibeast, but am unsure of how to use it. Upon search for the _DSM section of my DSDT I found multiple entries on various lines and wonder where to make the change. I have read, and reread the sticky guide on upgrading to the 1080p AUO v4, but I must figure out how to edit the DSDT. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S.
Maybe I could just download a working DSDT (from Rehabman?^_^) to make it essentially plug in plaY??
Or could I perhaps just do a fresh Unibeast install after installing the screen, migrating my applications over and choosing the correct hd+ kexts in preobook installer?

I just received my new screen in the mail and I'm ready to open this baby up again to install it. I've pulled this thing apart a few times to replace various things, but nothing that has required a change to my DSDT before, so I must learn this. I've looked it up a little and have found a few programs to make DSDT extracting, editing and compiling easy, but I would like a suggestion (from Rehabman maybe?^_^). I also read that one must boot from unibeast dsdt to extract and edit, is this true? I did open the maciASL program that came with unibeast, but am unsure of how to use it. Upon search for the _DSM section of my DSDT I found multiple entries on various lines and wonder where to make the change. I have read, and reread the sticky guide on upgrading to the 1080p AUO v4, but I must figure out how to edit the DSDT. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S.
Maybe I could just download a working DSDT (from Rehabman?^_^) to make it essentially plug in plaY??
Or could I perhaps just do a fresh Unibeast install after installing the screen, migrating my applications over and choosing the correct hd+ kexts in preobook installer?

With the new ProBook Installer, you can simply run the ProBook Installer and select only the high-resolution DSDT patch. It will change your existing DSDT to include the AAPL00,DualLink inject required for the new screen. You would do this right before installing the screen... shutdown... then install the screen, and boot to a working computer.

If you need to boot with the old screen after you've already modified the DSDT (via the ProBook Installer), just boot with DSDT=Null.

Thanks a ton! That probook installer simplifies everything.

BTW, I would recommend that you also place the dual link mini SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml. This will allow you to boot with DSDT=Null (used after BIOS or memory upgrades). It is also a good idea to place the same file in /Extra/ssdt.aml on your Unibeast USB stick which allows your screen to work when using the Unibeast USB for fresh installs or recovery (time machine, terminal, disk utility, etc).

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml

Thanks again rehabman, everything worked like a charm. :)

Thanks again rehabman, everything worked like a charm. :)

Glad you have it working... Nice to hear about the success stories too!

BTW, now is a good time to test your Unibeast USB... before you really need it.

I can't find /Extra on my unibeast USB. I only see listed...

etc
HP ProBook Installer 6.1.pkg
Install OS X Mountain Lion
tmp
var

I would like to add my Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to the USB so I can use it.

I can't find /Extra on my unibeast USB. I only see listed...

etc
HP ProBook Installer 6.1.pkg
Install OS X Mountain Lion
tmp
var

I would like to add my Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to the USB so I can use it.

It is there, just hidden. Use Show All Files to see everything.

Yes I figured as much, though my first attempt to show it via terminal didn't work. But my second attempt showed it. Now i can't seem to find an SSD.aml in the USB's Extra folder, though I can find it in my main drive (the one I have ML installed to). Shall I just copy this ssd.aml to my USB's extra folder, and if that, then should I use a tool to add the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to it? It seems like a source file or something and I'm not sure where or how to add to it.

Or...should I just add it to the Extra folder and rename it as SSD.aml?

Yes I figured as much, though my first attempt to show it via terminal didn't work. But my second attempt showed it. Now i can't seem to find an SSD.aml in the USB's Extra folder, though I can find it in my main drive (the one I have ML installed to). Shall I just copy this ssd.aml to my USB's extra folder, and if that, then should I use a tool to add the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to it? It seems like a source file or something and I'm not sure where or how to add to it.

Or...should I just add it to the Extra folder and rename it as SSD.aml?

There is not normally an SSDT.aml on the USB. You copy it there so you have dual link for fresh installs. You can also copy Mini dual link to your HDD /extra SSDT-1.aml so you can boot DSDT=null if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back