Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Specs:

-Mobo: MSI Gaming Carbon Pro Z170A
-CPU: Intel 7700K i7 (Kaby Lake)
-GPU: GTX 1080 Founder's Edition
-RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz
-Display: Acer X34 Predator (3440x1440)

I have to rant for a second, I've been watching videos, reading forums and guides, but I don't feel like I'm making any progress. The instructions I've found on TonyMac have not been helpful at all. This is the best way I describe it: https://tinyurl.com/oascx8v

Anyways, I know my situation is unique because there's no official support for Kaby Lake and that I have to Fake the CPU Id in Colver settings.

I've tried injecting the Pascal Nvidia Drivers, I've also tried to the installer using the integrated GPU and changing the CPU ID.

Can somebody please describe, step-by-step what I need to do to get back on track. Explain it like you would a 5 year old.

I finally managed to get into Verbose and here is the error I see (see attachment)

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• F072629F-C462-4D56-9627-230BC95B2EFD.JPG
    F072629F-C462-4D56-9627-230BC95B2EFD.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
What storage device are you using as the boot drive? M.2 is going to be a bigger challenge than older storage types.

Just keep in mind: if you are booting to a Unibeast USB, and it boots, then there's a way to make it boot properly from a drive.

What storage device are you using as the boot drive? M.2 is going to be a bigger challenge than older storage types.

Just keep in mind: if you are booting to a Unibeast USB, and it boots, then there's a way to make it boot properly from a drive.

I'm currently using a 64GB USB 3.0 thumb drive that's partitioned to 16 GB for Cclover, macOS, Unibeast and the Nvidia driver. Again, I can't even get to the macOS installer to tell the OS where to install Sierra.

How far do you get? Do you get the progressbar under the Apple-logo?

How far do you get? Do you get the progressbar under the Apple-logo?
Negative. When I don't use Verbose, I see the Apple logo for about 20 seconds, then I get the halt/stop sign.

Did you follow the guide here for creating the USB? And did you change/check BIOS-settings?

I have the same CPU and have been failing at this for a week now But I got to the progressbar, and it went up to 80% before freeze. My solution was to use these files: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erbose-text-inside.218964/page-3#post-1483412

Simply unzip the folder and drag the files onto your USB-stick, overwriting the ones that are already there.

Did you follow the guide here for creating the USB? And did you change/check BIOS-settings?

I have the same CPU and have been failing at this for a week now But I got to the progressbar, and it went up to 80% before freeze. My solution was to use these files: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erbose-text-inside.218964/page-3#post-1483412

Simply unzip the folder and drag the files onto your USB-stick, overwriting the ones that are already there.
Yes and yes. I've been toying with the idea of recreating the USB stick and try again.

Couple of questions:
-Are you using your integrated GPU?
-Other than changing the CPU ID, what other things are you changing in Clover settings?

- I use the GPU in my profile.
- The files I linked to has the config-file too, just use that. I just copied those, didn`t touch a thing.

I think I `ve tried about 25239 different combinations in the config to make it work, but I never got any closer. Not really sure what the linked to config has that mine don`t, but I don`t really care as long as it works. :thumbup:

Why are you injecting Nvidia?

Well, I thought it was the right thing to do considering I have a GTX 1080. Then again, as I mentioned in my post, the instructions either don't exist or don't explain things well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back