Asus Geforce GTX 660 2GB PhysX CUDA
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

So I'm ready for my first ML install, but I have a quick question about patching my uefi bios.
I'm using Asus P8P67 EVO R3 and I've found a patched bios in samisnake's repos, but is that all I need for the uefi patching? My current bios version is from 2011, so definitely not the newest..but I don't have to update with an official bios update before using the patched one if I understand the instructions and faq correctly?

And I might as well do this before I start the ML install, correct?

Hey guys,

So I'm ready for my first ML install, but I have a quick question about patching my uefi bios.
I'm using Asus P8P67 EVO R3 and I've found a patched bios in samisnake's repos, but is that all I need for the uefi patching? My current bios version is from 2011, so definitely not the newest..but I don't have to update with an official bios update before using the patched one if I understand the instructions and faq correctly?

And I might as well do this before I start the ML install, correct?

You only need to flash the BIOS with the patched one. Chances are that the patched one is the latest version or maybe one behind the latest.
Best to flash the BIOS first, then install ML. That way, you don't have to mess with NullCPU to prevent boot KP from AICPUPM kext.

You only need to flash the BIOS with the patched one. Chances are that the patched one is the latest version or maybe one behind the latest.
Best to flash the BIOS first, then install ML. That way, you don't have to mess with NullCPU to prevent boot KP from AICPUPM kext.

That's what I thought, but thanks for clearing things up :) seems like bios patch is the easy way to go compared to dtds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back