ati radeon hd 5850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a hackintosh running iboot 3.2 and 10.6.8 snow leopard. It had run 2 monitors (1 dvi and a second hdmi to dvi adapter connector) running off an at hd 5850 without a problem. After I connected a third monitor using the displayport (the monitor has a native displayport connection), the second monitor no longer works (neither does the 3rd monitor). When I check the system settings it lists the other 2 monitor ports as "not connected").

Any suggestions on how I can correct this problem?

Thank you.

-GH

I'm not sure about your card but most cards will only run two monitors. So choose any two, but no more. So if you need more monitors, add a second card. Which I'm currently considering on mine.

You need to be using ACTIVE adapters/converters if doing anything more than (2) monitors.

If you're using the cheap passive DP-DVI converters on any of the ports, 3rd one won't work.

Thank you all for the responses. The machine dual boots into win 7 and runs all 3 monitors without a problem. With regard to choosing any 2 monitors, how do I do that? I would prefer to not have to disconnect and reconnect cables when switching between win 7 and osx.

Also, the 5850's displayport connection I believe is an active one (so I don't have to use any kind of extra connector to run a 3rd displayport monitor using win7).

Again, thank you for considering my question.

-GH

ghadley_00 said:
Thank you all for the responses. The machine dual boots into win 7 and runs all 3 monitors without a problem. With regard to choosing any 2 monitors, how do I do that? I would prefer to not have to disconnect and reconnect cables when switching between win 7 and osx.

Also, the 5850's displayport connection I believe is an active one (so I don't have to use any kind of extra connector to run a 3rd displayport monitor using win7).

Again, thank you for considering my question.

-GH

At least in the case of my 5770 on my work Mac Pro (with two mini displayport ports and 1 DVI), I needed two active minidisplayport adapters to connect 3 monitors, otherwise it would drop to two.

The one I got is here, if you want to give it a try http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-006B ... 767&sr=8-1

Also, more FAQs about ATI's Eyefinity and how it works http://www.amd.com/us/products/technolo ... /faqs.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back