Contribute
Register

rBoot and iBoot can you use them from a thumb drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not a fan of using CDs these days and i am about to make a unibeast drive. Can i just make a couple other partitions on the thumb drive and put the rboot and iboot images on them?

DonutHands said:
Not a fan of using CDs these days and i am about to make a unibeast drive. Can i just make a couple other partitions on the thumb drive and put the rboot and iboot images on them?

You will not need iBoot if you are using UniBeast. Not sure about the partitioning though, but I assume this would be possible, give it a try and let me know how it goes! You will not be needing iBoot though.

ok, no iboot. guess i will have to try the rboot.

ya know, there really isnt a good page that describes what all the different software components of the hackintosh world do. Most of the stuff i know because i have used it, but the difference between unibeast, iboot and rboot, no idea.

DonutHands said:
Most of the stuff i know because i have used it, but the difference between unibeast, iboot and rboot, no idea.

Hey sorry, I just realized- you don't need rBoot either. Here, let me explain:

UniBeast - USB tool for installing Lion and also a rescue disk to boot from if things go pear-shaped
iBoot - a tool that forces the Snow Leopard Retail DVD to boot up to the installer
rBoot - much like iBoot, a rescue disk for Snow Leopard or Lion (if you don't have the UB drive)

Hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back