Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade Stealth 2018
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hey fellow hackintosher,

I'm doing my best to make it work yet keep on failing. After vain countless attempts, compulsive forum reading, failed GPIO Pinning etc...

Then I came across that guide :
https://github.com/stevensaid/Razer-Blade-Stealth-Hackintosh-Guide
and simply tried it. I've installed Kext in L/E using kextbeast, ran the sudo kextcache -i / command etc... (trying to make it all properly).

For the first time, it seems that OSX recognizes my trackpad as shown in the attached screenshot (which is quite new, a good piece of news I suppose?).... but still it doesn't work. At all.

Now, if I use the config.plist in the aforementionned guide, I'm stuck in a bootloop right after Clover's screen.

I can boot the computer using instead the automatically generated config.plist when running Rehabman's Clover fork (that's the one included in my bug report, hopefully done right). I have to use that computer for work, hence the clumsy temporary workaround.

I've attached the guide's .plist as well for reference.

Any help would be tremedously appreciated, I've never felt that much of a big noob.

Cheers!

Ps: I'll make a fresh, clean install whenever I'll finally get it right. Still have a small Win10 partition to access the OSX partition if needed, but will wipe it out as soon as I get a solid configuration.

Attachments

• debug_9126.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 09.18.51.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 09.18.51.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • Kext.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
  • NilBook.ioreg
    7.1 MB · Views: 72
  • stevensaid RBS config.plist.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 54
Hey fellow hackintosher,

I'm doing my best to make it work yet keep on failing. After vain countless attempts, compulsive forum reading, failed GPIO Pinning etc...

Then I came across that guide :
https://github.com/stevensaid/Razer-Blade-Stealth-Hackintosh-Guide
and simply tried it. I've installed Kext in L/E using kextbeast, ran the sudo kextcache -i / command etc... (trying to make it all properly).

For the first time, it seems that OSX recognizes my trackpad as shown in the attached screenshot (which is quite new, a good piece of news I suppose?).... but still it doesn't work. At all.

Now, if I use the config.plist in the aforementionned guide, I'm stuck in a bootloop right after Clover's screen.

I can boot the computer using instead the automatically generated config.plist when running Rehabman's Clover fork (that's the one included in my bug report, hopefully done right). I have to use that computer for work, hence the clumsy temporary workaround.

I've attached the guide's .plist as well for reference.

Any help would be tremedously appreciated, I've never felt that much of a big noob.

Cheers!

Ps: I'll make a fresh, clean install whenever I'll finally get it right. Still have a small Win10 partition to access the OSX partition if needed, but will wipe it out as soon as I get a solid configuration.

I2C issues are best addressed in the I2C thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/

Thank you RehabMan, will do now. I was wondering if it was maybe possible to understand the endless bootloop comparing the 2 config.plist files ? Anyway, thanks!

Before booting an entry press space and check the option Don't reboot on kernel panic or similar. Doing so you can maybe catch a glimpse at the cause of the reboot. The other possibility is to boot your installation with the installer thumb drive and see if that works. From my experience the standard config.plists provided by RHM in general are safe enough to boot up and start tweaking a freshly installed system. If nothing helps, reinstall and start from scratch.

Thank you RehabMan, will do now. I was wondering if it was maybe possible to understand the endless bootloop comparing the 2 config.plist files ? Anyway, thanks!

Keep in mind config.plist settings are often paired with specific kexts that must be used, or specific content in ACPI/patched.

It quite no response here but, Did you fix your trackpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back