Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
Powercolor Radeon RX5700 XT
I'm trying to get Catalina on my Razer Blade Advanced 2019.
This guy managed to do it, although his laptop is the almost identical Base model.
With his EFI folder I get a kernel panic half a minute into booting.
Pic attached.
I patched the BIOS.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Attachments

• 20200620_161552.jpg
    20200620_161552.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 35
I'm trying to get Catalina on my Razer Blade Advanced 2019.
This guy managed to do it, although his laptop is the almost identical Base model.
With his EFI folder I get a kernel panic half a minute into booting.
Pic attached.
I patched the BIOS.
Any idea what could be wrong?
dvmt issue, needs to be set to 64MB maybe the guide you followed mentions this?

Yes, the guide tells you to hack the BIOS so that the relevant entry gets shown and you can change it.
I did the hack, and although the BIOS entry was correctly set, the menu didn't show up in the BIOS. I then edited the BIOS dump and changed the dvmt directly to 64mb before uploading the BIOS. Again, I confirmed that the value was changed by doing a BIOS dump. It would be really weird if it's actually not changed...

Yes, the guide tells you to hack the BIOS so that the relevant entry gets shown and you can change it.
I did the hack, and although the BIOS entry was correctly set, the menu didn't show up in the BIOS. I then edited the BIOS dump and changed the dvmt directly to 64mb before uploading the BIOS. Again, I confirmed that the value was changed by doing a BIOS dump. It would be really weird if it's actually not changed...
the error in your image is due to dvmt not set to 64MB

This is what the BIOS looks like when I downloaded it and opened it with AMIBCP
after you flashed your BIOS, did you go back in to your BIOS and choose to load defaults?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back