Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, are you using the same SSD that the laptop have, or did you buy a new one?, when you boot from the USB do you have connected the mouse or any other usb?, which version of high sierra are you trying to install?
no i have upgraded the ssd to the 2TB samsung evo. no mouse connected during boot. just the version right from the installer 13.6

Attachments

• debug_6144.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
Does iMessage or FaceTime work for anyone?

ok so i have followed the very helpful steps to a T 3 times and at the final reboot after i have changed the ig-platform-id back to 0x591b0000 i get the following kp

no KP there.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

WhateverGreen.kext is not latest. Lilu.kext is not latest. FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext not needed with WhateverGreen.kext. Same for Shiki.kext.

4k display requires WhateverGreen kernel flag -cdfon. Is is missing from your config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

For the kext not being the latest those are the ones from the folder from vettex. i'll try with your suggested changes. Whats the point of putting them in the EFI kext folder if you still have to put them into the extensions system folder?

For the kext not being the latest those are the ones from the folder from vettex. i'll try with your suggested changes. Whats the point of putting them in the EFI kext folder if you still have to put them into the extensions system folder?

You wouldn't be asking that question if you had read the text I suggested you read.

You wouldn't be asking that question if you had read the text I suggested you read.
ok relax. i was just asking for curiosity before i had read the document. yes i have read and understand why now. I followed the kext install to /s/l/e using kext beast and when i go to rebuild the cache i get this (image), is this correct? I have also attached the gen tool.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.51.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.51.20 AM.png
    472.5 KB · Views: 71
  • debug_10698.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
ok relax. i was just asking for curiosity before i had read the document. yes i have read and understand why now. I followed the kext install to /s/l/e using kext beast and when i go to rebuild the cache i get this (image), is this correct? I have also attached the gen tool.

Why did you install to /S/L/E?
As per guide/FAQ, kexts go to /L/E on 10.11 and later.

And from your kextcache output, you can clearly see you have a mismatch between Lilu.kext and one or more Lilu-based plugins.

Please note that WhateverGreen.kext replaces Shiki.kext.

these are just the kexts from the clover folder vettex posted. i have not added any and just removed the ones mentioned for wifi, battery, i2c etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back