Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vettz500 Not sure why it takes like a second always... Could you share your EFI folder? And I can check if I have something different?

Did you manage to make work the mojavi?
Could you get sleep to work?

Easy way: try to install with unibeast and use the thre flags that Bloodtoner said in the first page. Once you have installed, mount the efi of the hard disk, and replace the EFI files from Jomanji, (plist, 64uefi, kexts), disconnect all the USB, (didnt boot with the mouse in my laptop), once you are again in High Sierra, make the DSDT with the 2 texts paths that vettz500 said in the page 13.

If you have the razer blade 15 should work. As well I had to buy a new SSD to make it work, the harddisk that came in my laptop didnt allow me to install with Unibeast. After you have everything ready you can install the NVIDIA DRIVERS if you want to attach a hdmi display.

It should work!
the EFI from Jomanji in post #9?

ya tried both none will boot i just keep getting that same kp from the pics i posted in the earlier posts.
See if this helps you, I had the same Kernel Panic as you did just now from messing with trying to get Mojave to install on a separate partition, when I booted my High Sierra partition I got the same KP.

Boot off the flash drive into High Sierra, mount the EFI Drive for your main SSD, copy over my attached clover files into the clover folder, move the ACPIBatteryManager, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, Voodool2C, Voodool2CHID and VoodooPS2Controller kexts to a folder on your desktop, you'll need them later for WiFi, Trackpad and Battery to work, but you can't use them right now so make sure they're out of the EFI drive. Then open the Clover Config.plist and go to the graphics tab and change the ig-platform-id to 0x12345678
Save it and reboot your laptop. Boot off of your main SSD now, not the USB drive. It will take a minute to boot, and will be a bit slow after booting, but it should boot now.

Once you booted go to terminal and put in this:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Once it's done, mount your EFI drive again, open the config.plist and change the ig-platform-id back to 0x591b0000

Reboot and hopefully your laptop will boot up!

Attachments

• Vetz500 CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 74
ok so i have followed the very helpful steps to a T 3 times and at the final reboot after i have changed the ig-platform-id back to 0x591b0000 i get the following kp

Attachments

• IMG_20180924_231046.jpg
    IMG_20180924_231046.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 92
ok so i have followed the very helpful steps to a T 3 times and at the final reboot after i have changed the ig-platform-id back to 0x591b0000 i get the following kp

hey, are you using the same SSD that the laptop have, or did you buy a new one?, when you boot from the USB do you have connected the mouse or any other usb?, which version of high sierra are you trying to install?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back