Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 14" 2015 QHD - Clover
CPU
i7-4720HQ/HM87
Graphics
HD 4600, 970m, 3200x1800
Hi there,
I'm trying to install Catalina on this laptop and I was wondering if anybody has had any success with it and can share any tips/configs.
Thanks!

So far, after unlocking the bios and adding the SSDT-EC.aml patch, I've managed to boot into the installer. But it's running super slow, like 1fps or less, even the mouse cursor is laggy.

I've installed in other computers (desktops though) and the default framebuffer wasn't that bad. Any idea what might be causing this?

So far, after unlocking the bios and adding the SSDT-EC.aml patch, I've managed to boot into the installer. But it's running super slow, like 1fps or less, even the mouse cursor is laggy.

I've installed in other computers (desktops though) and the default framebuffer wasn't that bad. Any idea what might be causing this?

Have a look at Thinkpad T440P EFIs on GitHub.

They use Haswell CPUs and 4600 Intel graphics.

I recommend installing Mojave first, as there will be less to troubleshoot.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. I tried Mojave first but didn't succeed and now I'm trying with Catalina. I haven't noticed any differences so far besides the SSDT-EC thing.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. I tried Mojave first but didn't succeed and now I'm trying with Catalina. I haven't noticed any differences so far besides the SSDT-EC thing.

Have you made it past the installer and into the OS?

yes, but it's abnormally slow even for a default framebuffer. I think it might be because it's harder to drive the QHD+ screen without acceleration but I haven't succeeded at getting that working yet.

yes, but it's abnormally slow even for a default framebuffer. I think it might be because it's harder to drive the QHD+ screen without acceleration but I haven't succeeded at getting that working yet.

So, you have already disabled the NVIDIA GPU?

It looks like the 4720HQ CPU runs a max 3840x2160@30Hz, which is 4k.

Your display is 3,200x1,800@60Hz.

Have you set the refresh rate to 30Hz in the BIOS?

I'm using -wegnoegpu to disable the nvidia.

I don't see any option in the BIOS to change the refresh rate, it's an Aptio 4 BIOS and I already unlocked it to change DVMT-prealloc. The display works as intended on Windows and Linux with the current configuration.

I'm using -wegnoegpu to disable the nvidia.

I don't see any option in the BIOS to change the refresh rate, it's an Aptio 4 BIOS and I already unlocked it to change DVMT-prealloc. The display works as intended on Windows and Linux with the current configuration.

Hmmmm.

Does the display work booting in verbose -v with ig-platform-id set to 0x12345678?

Post your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back