CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GTX650 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated to 10.10.2 along with Multibeast 7.2, I have been constantly getting random beach ballls.

Force quit would terminate the app, but I wouldn’t be able to launch the app again, it keeps becoming Not Responding.

Activity Monitor would show loginwindow, and occasionally com.apple.com.apple.geod as “not responding”. Force quit wouldn’t work. I have to physically turn off the power outlet to restart

I noticed this happens when I leave my computer idling for a long time, coming back to it, and starting an app, and the spinning beach balls appear. I guess it has something to do with the hard disk sleeping?

I have unchecked “Put hard disks to sleep when possible”. I checked my hard drives using SMART utility, all in good condition, I have verified/repaired permissions, and ran onyx, but I still get random beach balls. Is there anything else I should check, or ways to remedy this?

Edit: May 29th

Turns out I had a SATA cable attached to my motherboard, but to not to any disk, and it was causing this issued. Added another external disk, all is well now.

Unfortunately, I am still having this issue. What are the best way to troubleshoot this? I am convinced things start to go unresponsive when I leave my computer idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back