Contribute
Register

Random screen freezes and screen always freezes on Shutdown/Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
@macntosh - I'd like to say thank you as well! I also followed the steps listed above and I don't appear to have crashes anymore either.

Thanks, but I was still on OC 0.7.4, that's why the they were missing. Updating to 0.7.5 (and adding the quirks) didn't solve the issue. Back to caffeinate -d.

Have you found a solution yet? I am experiencing the same to yours after upgrading to Monterey, OC 0.7.6

Have you found a solution yet? I am experiencing the same to yours after upgrading to Monterey, OC 0.7.6
I had the same problem and this worked for me. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...eezes-on-shutdown-restart.317148/post-2291132

@macntosh - You, my friend, really know what you're talking about. Everything you mentioned, I did piece together from other member's configuration.

I applied the changes you advised above.

1. Removed UEFI/Output/UIScale
2. Removed FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V kexts and added dk.e1000=0 to boot-args
3. Removed old and duplicate SSDT files, SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG

Reinstalled Monterey and everything is working as expected. Restarts and Shutdowns are normal and haven't received any random shutdowns thus far.

Thank you, @macntosh!!!

I had the same problem and this worked for me. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...eezes-on-shutdown-restart.317148/post-2291132

@macntosh - You, my friend, really know what you're talking about. Everything you mentioned, I did piece together from other member's configuration.

I applied the changes you advised above.

1. Removed UEFI/Output/UIScale
2. Removed FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V kexts and added dk.e1000=0 to boot-args
3. Removed old and duplicate SSDT files, SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG

Reinstalled Monterey and everything is working as expected. Restarts and Shutdowns are normal and haven't received any random shutdowns thus far.

Thank you, @macntosh!!!
Thank you @maniamax36 for kind reply. Appreciate the help.

I actually read your post but unfortunately these fixes don't apply to mine. I do not have FakePCIID and duplicate SSDTs, there are some minor missing items in config.plist but I don't think they matter as Big Sur was running fine. The Monterey was really driving me nut.

What I observed on my hackintosh is that manually turn display off is fine, but every time the display tried to turn off due to inactivity/timeout, the computer just froze on that last screen.

A side note, I've also experienced extreme slowness boot time after Monterey. The macOS Finder also took very long time to be initialized and useable after boot up. I read that it's to do with incompatibility of Monterey and Samsung SSD... sigh.. wish I can rollback to BigSur.

Had the same issue after upgrading to OC 0.7.6 and Monterey. Even though Monterey upgrade went smoothly from system preference, after booting had a frequent crashes as soon as I log in. I can confirm from this post that i perform below steps and currently seems to be stable without any hiccups. I will post an update if I started to get crashes again.

• Removed FakePCIID.kext
  • Removed FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext
  • Disabled IntelMausi.kext -- Don't know if this was necessary
  • Added dk.e1000=0 boot flag

Had the same issue after upgrading to OC 0.7.6 and Monterey. Even though Monterey upgrade went smoothly from system preference, after booting had a frequent crashes as soon as I log in. I can confirm from this post that i perform below steps and currently seems to be stable without any hiccups. I will post an update if I started to get crashes again.

• Removed FakePCIID.kext
Do you also have Intel_I225 ethernet card?

Do you also have Intel_I225 ethernet card?
I have GiagaByte Z490I Aorus Ultra Mini-ITX board which I believe have Intel I225 Chipset for 2.5GBe ethernet but I may be wrong. However I only applied the chage I mentioned which seems to be working so far.

• Removed FakePCIID.kext
I've got the same mobo and had the same issues -- crashes about every 10-15 minutes -- and removing the FakePCIID* stuff seems to have fixed the problem. I've been running for about 40 minutes now and no crashes so, hopefully this fixed the problem. I did not remove IntelMausi or add the `dk.e1000=0` boot flag, though. Not yet, anyway.

Update: I just discovered that the onboard sound isn't available. Not a huge problem since I don't really use it, but it does make the speakers I've got hooked up pointless now. Also, it means that I can't use wired earbuds, which will most definitely be a problem when my wireless ones die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back