Motherboard
Asus x79 Sabertooth Deluxe
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA 710 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi there,

My system is an Asus X99Pro with an EVGA GTX950 graphics card and 32GB of RAM. Since recently, I've had random reboots while working in After Effects or Photoshop. Newest graphics drivers and CUDA are installed.

Last week after a lot of reboots and crashes I gave it a try and implemented the kext patch as described here (problem 4), since sometimes one of my monitors doesn't immediately work or goes to sleep:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

and the computer ran ok afterwards. I ran multiple instances of quicktime, AE in ram preview, chrome with an opengl experiment, as well as a benchmark (!) program running all at once. despite from the fact that my computer performed extraordinarily well, there was no crash at all.

but today it happened again! a simple reboot without any warning... I was working in After Effects (not the CC version). ...

I am not sure if it's the graphics card, I believe not after all this benchmarking and stable temperatures. I use a custom-made DSDT which I created using MaciASL. Do you think I should try booting without the dsdt just for a test?

Has anyone encountered a similar problem (using an Asus X99Pro board)?

Thanks for any advice,

Robert

I think it might have something to do with the pre-CC Adobe software. if anyone is interested, I can mail them the crash logs!

[deleted]

Last edited:
Just a thought... is your computer overclocked?

I used to suffer random reboots when using Adobe CC Media Encoder... turns out, the cpu temperature was getting too high and boom! random reboot or a freeze.

I switched my cpu speed to normal, and that solved the problem for me. My freeze/crash happens on very cpu intensive programs running for extended periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back