Graphics
RX 580 OEM
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings to the community,

I have started experiencing random reboot issues after I have updated to Monterey from Big Sur. It restarts as if I have held the power button and forced the computer to shut down. There are no kernel panic reports.

I have validted the config.list with OC auxilary tools validater - no issues were found.

I have googled around for a solution but it was of no avail.

My specs:

MOBO: z370n WiFI
CPU: i7 9700K
RAM: 32GB
SSD: WD Black 1TB

Happy holiday season!

:]

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
Greetings to the community,

I have started experiencing random reboot issues after I have updated to Monterey from Big Sur. It restarts as if I have held the power button and forced the computer to shut down. There are no kernel panic reports.

I have validted the config.list with OC auxilary tools validater - no issues were found.

I have googled around for a solution but it was of no avail.

My specs:

MOBO: z370n WiFI
CPU: i7 9700K
RAM: 32GB
SSD: WD Black 1TB

Happy holiday season!

:]
XhciPortLimit should be disabled

shouldn't need SSDT-PMC

Nope, it did not help. The computer crashed again :/
I notice in your boot arguments you have uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS09;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;SS01;SS02;SS07 which should not be needed if your USB ports are configured correctly. The ula_exclude argument is for helping to initially configure your ports, typically the HS ports first and then after the S0 ports after so you can see what is available to map. When done mapping that argument should go away...

You also have two entries in ACPI for SSDT-EC-USBX. One has the suffix Desktop one doesn't but they both probably do the same thing and only one is needed. I'm not sure its USB causing the issue but long story short you do not have your ports mapped properly and it could be Monterey doesn't understand.

I notice in your boot arguments you have uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS09;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;SS01;SS02;SS07 which should not be needed if your USB ports are configured correctly. The ula_exclude argument is for helping to initially configure your ports, typically the HS ports first and then after the S0 ports after so you can see what is available to map. When done mapping that argument should go away...

You also have two entries in ACPI for SSDT-EC-USBX. One has the suffix Desktop one doesn't but they both probably do the same thing and only one is needed. I'm not sure its USB causing the issue but long story short you do not have your ports mapped properly and it could be Monterey doesn't understand.
I have removed and deleted the indicated entries and files but the system crashed again :/

I have removed and deleted the indicated entries and files but the system crashed again :/
I went deeper into your EFI folder and as mentioned before your USB ports are not mapped correctly, the SSDT-UAIC.aml that defined the ports and types shows everything as USB3 which is a fail. HS ports are USB2 for reference. Meanwhile I tried rebuilding your EFI folder using only USBInjectAll.Kext which is attached so your ports will not all work but it may boot. Get it onto a USB flash drive and boot off a USB2 port and report back.

If that doesn't work I suggest rolling back to a version of Catalina and try rebuilding your USB mapping. Once that's established then try updating again.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
I went deeper into your EFI folder and as mentioned before your USB ports are not mapped correctly, the SSDT-UAIC.aml that defined the ports and types shows everything as USB3 which is a fail. HS ports are USB2 for reference. Meanwhile I tried rebuilding your EFI folder using only USBInjectAll.Kext which is attached so your ports will not all work but it may boot. Get it onto a USB flash drive and boot off a USB2 port and report back.

If that doesn't work I suggest rolling back to a version of Catalina and try rebuilding your USB mapping. Once that's established then try updating again.

Thank you for your time and effort ^^

My system boots but the problem is that it shuts down all of a sudden.

My mobo does not have USB 2.0 only ports, it combines 2.0s and 3.0s into a single physical port.

My understating is that it is not possible to map USB ports in Monterey?

Eitehrway, I will report in how it goes ^^

Thank you for your time and effort ^^

My system boots but the problem is that it shuts down all of a sudden.

My mobo does not have USB 2.0 only ports, it combines 2.0s and 3.0s into a single physical port.

My understating is that it is not possible to map USB ports in Monterey?

Eitehrway, I will report in how it goes ^^
I remember your problem but I'm not sure if the remade EFI folder will boot correctly, hopefully. What brand board is it, Asus? It is possible to map ports in Monterey but it is a couple levels more difficult. I don't know what method you used to map your ports but as I mentioned before it was a bit of a train wreck.

There is a program by CorpNewt that maps USB ports successfully but you will need to make some edits to the type of ports once you identify which are being used. Also if you have Windows installed there is a very similar and somewhat easier (once you understand the program) method.
I mentioned starting over and installing Catalina because you can use the XHCIPortLimit quirk successfully and Hackintool will work and from a user stand point easier over all but more effort to set up.

I have rolled back to Big Sur. I have mapped my USB ports with CorpNewt script, I am not sure if I did all correctly but so far it seems to be working fine. I guess I will stick to Big Bur, I do not see any advantages of Monterey over it. It just adds more headache :/

Thank you people for your help! And a Happy New Year :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back