RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Guys,
Would appreciate troubleshooting help. System is GA- Z97X-Gaming 7, 16GB DDR3, 3.49 GHz i5, GTX650 TI running Sierra 10.12.5 beta (but this occurs with 10.12.4 too). I'm getting panic crashes after several hours but it seems to be more frequent when I use a web browser (Safari or Chrome). Also occurs shortly after waking from sleep. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • ioreg.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 60
  • panic 5 May.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 120
Any output from this?
Code:
$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure

pointing to my nic card (see attached). I should mention that the MB has an Atheros LAN, but because of slow throughput using Atheros on other hacks, I turned it off and use a RTL8111 PCI-e nic card

Attachments

• pmsetoutput.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 57
Many SSDTs and patches for a board that should require few to work. For example does renaming the stock _DSMs to XSDM add any missing functionality?

There are some guides linked here for you board that might be worth a look. More minimal post installation from what i can tell.

There are some guides linked here for you board that might be worth a look. More minimal post installation from what i can tell.
Have removed the Realtek NIC, gone back to the Atheros NIC on the MB, and generated a new SSDT.aml. However, am still getting panics, but so far only appears to happen after overnight sleep.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • ioreg 9May.zip
    10 MB · Views: 57
  • panic 9May.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 56
Have removed the Realtek NIC, gone back to the Atheros NIC on the MB, and generated a new SSDT.aml. However, am still getting panics, but so far only appears to happen after overnight sleep.
The drivers were crashing on several PCI express devices (expansion cards and built-in) not just the Realtek NIC.

Where people have reported successful installs on this board they are using different BIOS settings from yours (eg Marvell SATA controller disabled, one of the devices logging panic on wake) and don't seem to be applying any DSDT patches.

The drivers were crashing on several PCI express devices (expansion cards and built-in) not just the Realtek NIC.

Where people have reported successful installs on this board they are using different BIOS settings from yours (eg Marvell SATA controller disabled, one of the devices logging panic on wake) and don't seem to be applying any DSDT patches.
1. There's only one EVGA nvidia 650 TI in the first PCI-e slot; no cards in the 2nd PCI-e or PCI slots.
2. Marvell SATA controller has always been turned off.
3. You can see in the config.plist I attached that all of the DSDT patches were [are] disabled during the last panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back