Drivers -> System -> AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders -> Chimera v2.2.1
Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
Customize -> Boot Options -> Generate CPU States
Customize -> Boot Options -> Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache
Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> Mac Pro 3,1
Customize -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Black

It installed with out any issues and runs all until it locks up with in a couple of hours each time, so i can't download or play for to long before it locks up. i can be idle and go to sleep and it will also lock up.

i have tried both power settings in multibeast and still it locks up.

have i missed something? or done nay thing wrong?

other wise i like this setup and i ty for all the hard work u guys have done

update I think i found the freezing issue to be:

1 in bios the video card set to gen 2 for for the gtx 770 4gig

2 the 1600 g.skill sniper ram was set by bios to timing of 11 11 11 28 when it should of been 9 9 9 24 as shown on the stick it self

so i have set there's things in bios and after 24 hours i haven't had any freezing at this stage. still further testing the next stage is to leave it on downloading for a few hours to see how that goes i will leave a update in a couple of days.

Confirmed fixed no more freezing issues so those that are having slow to full lock ups pull a memory stick out see if it tills u what timing settings it is meant to have and than put it back in and check your bios settings to make sure they match

I take the opportunity of this post to bring my 2 cents on this whole random freeze, lock-up issue.

I had a rig that was running quite well on 10.9. It is an old X58-UDR3 that I carried on since SL.
Recently, it started to randomly freeze, especially when using Handbrake and loading processor.it was also freezing while transferring files from the network.

I decided to give it a fresh start so I cloned the SSD to an backup HD and start a fresh 10.9.1 install.
That's when the nightmare started.
I quickly realize that the rig was systematically freezing after sleep, but only if there has been big files transfers through the network.
I tried several things, different DSDT, Bios Udate, different network kext, different bootloader, put back my old graphic card to avoid the Fermi freeze, …
After a few weeks banging my head against the wall, I decided to roll back to my previous install.
When I cloned back the SSD drive from the backup, I noticed that the SSD connection was getting dropped from time to time, with an OSx message saying that I did not properly eject the drive.

I suspected the MOBO, put prior to that, I ended up doing a secure erase of the SSD, and a firmware update of the SSD (It’s a Crucial M4 128 Gb)

Then I started again the whole 1.9.1 fresh install again and kaboum !!! no more freezes with the exact same Kexts, plist, DSDT and bootloader that were giving me problem earlier on. I reinstall everything back, perform few big files transfer over the network, went back to do some video encoding and nada, nothing, everything is working as intended.

I just wanted to share this experience with the community as I spent some time myself fishing for ideas to solve this random freeze lock-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back