CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I got it all figured out well through Multibeast DSDT way. Everything is functional.

however... :thumbdown:

I tend to get seemingly random kernel panics represented as a cascading tint followed by a window that says I need to restart my computer. :confused:

This only started happening after I removed NullCPUManagement.kext. But before I would just get random freezes accompanied by the "spinning wheel of death."

Any ideas as why my system enjoys "randomly" slapping me in the face? I think it's because it is on the fritz. I need to find out how to get it off. :D :lol:

If it never happened before you removed the kext, then put the kext back.

If it happened anyway, then I'd suspect your RAM.

Well the thing is, I do think it was happening before but perhaps it was manifest in a different way (spinning wheel instead of tinted screen) because no more spinning wheel now. Plus, removing it fixed sleep/restart issues.

Is there a way I could find out for sure if it was my RAM? I have had zero problems in Win7x64. Would the cause be faulty RAM or perhaps awkward voltages or something?

I get this same cascading grey "curtain of shame." Ultimately, it says I have to restart my computer. This happens about once a day, usually when I'm looking at some type of video (streaming or from my drive).

Should I upgrade to the latest multibeast?

Also, is there any type of tutorial for the optimal way of upgrading multibeast? I don't want to do a brand new clean install. Thanks!

-----------

AN UPDATE!

I went into my bios settings and adjusted to 1328 mhz for ram (from 1500). I also boosted my processor up to 3.32 ghz... I forgot what it was at before. Anyway, it's been stable so far, but haven't fully pushed it so far. We'll see...

same problem. before the kernel panic was about null.kext but i added it in my extra folder, no the kernel panic comes at random. i dont know whats causing it

I've had really bad luck with my os x hackintosh. I had installed multiple times and it would have random panics. I ran prime 95 for mac many hours. I ended up scratching osx and putting on windows 7. I found that it crashed even worse. Turned out the problem was the Ram. I had corsair ddr3 1600 and I RMA'ed it. Since then I've been using windows 7 and os x flawlessly. Infact it's been so good that I am moving everything to os x. Knock on wood but I've been crash free for nearly two weeks. I'd check the ram, run memtest on it.

It could be voltages too, make sure you have the recommended voltages.

Benski said:
I've had really bad luck with my os x hackintosh. I had installed multiple times and it would have random panics. I ran prime 95 for mac many hours. I ended up scratching osx and putting on windows 7. I found that it crashed even worse. Turned out the problem was the Ram. I had corsair ddr3 1600 and I RMA'ed it. Since then I've been using windows 7 and os x flawlessly. Infact it's been so good that I am moving everything to os x. Knock on wood but I've been crash free for nearly two weeks. I'd check the ram, run memtest on it.

It could be voltages too, make sure you have the recommended voltages.

Nice tip- RAM is flaky at times- and should be tested fully at purchase. :thumbup:

Slamdunk said:
how long should i test prime95 and what kind of test should it be?
You should run for at least 4 hours with the maximum number of threads your CPU supports. So in your case, 4 threads.

steps i did:

i ran prime95 and got a kernel problem so i went and installed windows 7 in another hard disk and ran prime 95 i got a total of 4 blue screens and the common problem was x0000124 when i did a search it was video card. Right now im on the process of using an old 8500gt and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back