Contribute
Register

Random Kernel Panics (Mojave, z87)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious.. have these random KPs always happened or did they just recently start?

For me, and I know this doesn't really help much, but I had the exact same random freezing issues with my Gigabyte Z97 / 4790k from the moment I built the system. It was so random I figured it was a hardware failure (memtested fine / tried diff ram, diff PSU, went igpu, etc). I ultimately replaced the motherboard with a Supermicro z97 and things have been fine.

There were a lot of posts about Gigabyte z87/z97 issues back in the day.. just wasn't a good platform at the time.

I see you have a working 4790k system.. Asus? Definitely wasn't the cpu that was the problem.

Kinda funny, I'm also sporting a Z390-A Prime... rock solid. Nothing like the old Gigabyte.

Just curious.. have these random KPs always happened or did they just recently start?

For me, and I know this doesn't really help much, but I had the exact same random freezing issues with my Gigabyte Z97 / 4790k from the moment I built the system. It was so random I figured it was a hardware failure (memtested fine / tried diff ram, diff PSU, went igpu, etc). I ultimately replaced the motherboard with a Supermicro z97 and things have been fine.

There were a lot of posts about Gigabyte z87/z97 issues back in the day.. just wasn't a good platform at the time.

I see you have a working 4790k system.. Asus? Definitely wasn't the cpu that was the problem.

Kinda funny, I'm also sporting a Z390-A Prime... rock solid. Nothing like the old Gigabyte.
The z87-hd3 was running windows until recently.
The random KPs have been around ever since I installed macOS on this rig (10.14.3). I went from iGPU to rx590 to gtx 760... No change...
the "twins" (my 4790k rigs) have been reliable hackintoshes for years now. These where my first Asus boards and I never went back to gigabyte, although I'm hearing good things about their boards these days...
I went Z97-A to z170-a to z370-a to z390-a... Not very original I guess.

I wish I could get some help on this site about those KPs. The guy using the machine is getting nervous now and I might have to give up and go back to win10 if I cannot find a fix any time soon. That would be a shame in my opinion but... You know...

Thanks for your feedback.
Best,
-a-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back