Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sony Vaio S13p (SVS13A2C5E)
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD4000 / GT640m
Hello there,

I don't know how to better name this thread because I have multiple problems that may be due to the same thing. Last year I succesfully updated to Yosemite and had everything working thanks to the http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...n-lion-guide-2012-sony-vaio-s-series-svs.html and RehabMan for his nice support.

Sleep & Wake worked properly and PowerManagement was fine.

At some point things got weird. Suddenly my laptop started to have a problem where sometime when I boot into OS X the fans spin very loud and I have a process 'kernel_task' using a lot of CPU power. It drops when I connect a mouse adapter for example.

When this problem occurs and I shut down my laptop, it restarts. And again kernel_task has high CPU usage. After 2-3 'shutdown' (restarts) CPU usage drops again and I can shut down properly.

Also my Sleep & Wake doesn't work anymore. I can sleep but wake doesn't work anymore (some rare cases where it actually wakes).

After a clean install Sleep & Wake worked again for a couple of time but then it became the same. No sleep/wake and high cpu because of kernel_task.

Now after the update to El Capitan I even have a new process using a lot of CPU: UserEventAgent

What's going on here?!

- kernel_task with high CPU usage
- UserEventAgent with high CPU usage
- Shutdown sometimes restarts laptop
- Sleep/Wake doesn't work

Hello there,

I don't know how to better name this thread because I have multiple problems that may be due to the same thing. Last year I succesfully updated to Yosemite and had everything working thanks to the http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...n-lion-guide-2012-sony-vaio-s-series-svs.html and RehabMan for his nice support.

Sleep & Wake worked properly and PowerManagement was fine.

At some point things got weird. Suddenly my laptop started to have a problem where sometime when I boot into OS X the fans spin very loud and I have a process 'kernel_task' using a lot of CPU power. It drops when I connect a mouse adapter for example.

When this problem occurs and I shut down my laptop, it restarts. And again kernel_task has high CPU usage. After 2-3 'shutdown' (restarts) CPU usage drops again and I can shut down properly.

Also my Sleep & Wake doesn't work anymore. I can sleep but wake doesn't work anymore (some rare cases where it actually wakes).

After a clean install Sleep & Wake worked again for a couple of time but then it became the same. No sleep/wake and high cpu because of kernel_task.

Now after the update to El Capitan I even have a new process using a lot of CPU: UserEventAgent

What's going on here?!

- kernel_task with high CPU usage
- UserEventAgent with high CPU usage
- Shutdown sometimes restarts laptop
- Sleep/Wake doesn't work

Do a fresh install. Make sure ACPI is patched per guide from a fresh extract.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Do a fresh install. Make sure ACPI is patched per guide from a fresh extract.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hello again,
sorry for the late reply but I was having issues booting into the OS X Installer.

Adding RAM info under SMBIOS>Memory helped. Or using your config.plist. But after adding new kext-patches to it (AppleHDA), even yours stopped working. Again fixed by adding RAM info.

Anyway, I did a fresh install with clean extracted ACPI files. Here is what I have done so far.

1. Extract ACPI files via F4 in Clover.
2. Deleted these SSDTs:
SSDT-2.dsl
SSDT-3.dsl
SSDT-4x.dsl
SSDT-5x.dsl
SSDT-6x.dsl

3. Applied these DSDT patches:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" (2012 (Windows 8))
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

4. Applied these DSDT patches you provided in another thread for my laptop:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
"USB 7-series/8-series"
"VAIO SVS Battery"

I left out those 2 patches:
"USB 3 Multiplex"
"Add MCHC" (is this needed?)

5. They compiled without errors and saved them as aml files under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/pached.
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-7.aml

6. Installed additional kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11:
ACPIBacklight.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
DummyHDA.kext (under S/L/E)

So far I have working:
Brightness
Battery
Sound
Keyboard & Trackpad
Ethernet

I didn't test sleep/wake... No Power Management yet. Plus, under Boot>Arguments I changed darkwake to darkwake=8 (for AppleHDA/DummyHDA).

Hello again,
sorry for the late reply but I was having issues booting into the OS X Installer.

Adding RAM info under SMBIOS>Memory helped. Or using your config.plist. But after adding new kext-patches to it (AppleHDA), even yours stopped working. Again fixed by adding RAM info.

Anyway, I did a fresh install with clean extracted ACPI files. Here is what I have done so far.

1. Extract ACPI files via F4 in Clover.
2. Deleted these SSDTs:
SSDT-2.dsl
SSDT-3.dsl
SSDT-4x.dsl
SSDT-5x.dsl
SSDT-6x.dsl

Include all non-dynamic SSDTs.

3. Applied these DSDT patches:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" (2012 (Windows 8))
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

Omit "Fix PNOT/PPNT" after including all SSDTs.

5. They compiled without errors and saved them as aml files under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/pached.
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Check that SortedOrder is specified correctly. DropOem=true.

Don't forget to implement power management.

I didn't test sleep/wake... No Power Management yet. Plus, under Boot>Arguments I changed darkwake to darkwake=8 (for AppleHDA/DummyHDA).

Never needed darkwake... don't know what it is for...

Include all non-dynamic SSDTs.
Even those that relate to CPU? I deleted the dynamic SSDTs and those that relate to CPU because I thought they would interfere with the generated SSDT later. Anyway, I saved the other SSDTs, too.

SSDT-2 had 1 error
Code:
255, 4096, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE
Applying "Remove _PSS placeholders" patch fixes it.

Check that SortedOrder is specified correctly. DropOem=true.
Activated Drop OEM and changed SortedOrder to this:
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Don't forget to implement power management.
Aren't the generated SSDT and the native SSDTs conflict each other?

I followed your http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...01-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html and will report back.

Thank you!

Even those that relate to CPU?

Yes. Apple computers have these same SSDTs... no compelling reason to remove them unless they cause a problem.

Aren't the generated SSDT and the native SSDTs conflict each other?

No. Make sure you have config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false (Clover's generated SSDTs *do* conflict).

I understand. The Clover configuration seems to be correct.

Code:
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Drop OEM=true
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/PluginType=1

I generated a custom SSDT and rebooted. X86PlatformPlugin loads under CPU0@0/AppleACPICPU and using AppleIntelInfo.kext I got this output.

Code:
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 1200 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 2900 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 3600 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Current Frequency.............:  350 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Minimum Frequency.............:  350 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Maximum Non-Turbo Frequency...:  650 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Maximum Turbo Frequency.......: 1250 MHz
Nov 12 07:55:58 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Maximum limit.................: No Limit
Nov 12 07:55:59 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ (34) ] iGPU P-States [ (7) ]
Nov 12 07:55:59 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU C3-Cores [ 2 3 ]
Nov 12 07:55:59 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU C6-Cores [ 2 3 ]
Nov 12 07:55:59 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU C7-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 ]

After the reboot my fans became very loud. In Activity Monitor there kernel_task with high CPU usage. No UserEventAgent..

I rebooted my laptop and now the fans are quiet again and NO high CPU usage processes.

... In Activity Monitor there kernel_task with high CPU usage. No UserEventAgent..

Something was hanging in kernel...

Something was hanging in kernel...

But what..?

Now that I rebooted again and have 'normal' CPU/Fans usage I tested Sleep.

Laptop goes to sleep. (orange blinking LED indicates sleep)
But Wake doesn't work.

Should I get USB working before I try to fix Sleep/Wake?
I had USB 2.0/3.0 working with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext & Renaming EHCx to EH0x.

But what..?

Very difficult to determine. Check system.log... process of elimination.

Laptop goes to sleep. (orange blinking LED indicates sleep)
But Wake doesn't work.

What happens upon wake? (eg. define "doesn't work").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back