Graphics
Built in
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My hackintosh has been working great except for freezing randomly every few days. I'm hoping someone here can help figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

System specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Core i5 @ 3.4 GHz (no overclocking)
16 GB RAM
Built-in video
Adata SSD for OS and Apps
1 TB Western Digital SATA3
3 TB Seagate SATA6
Logitech USB KB/Mouse
External 1 TB WD USB for Time Machine backups
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

The system is used as a home media server, so the drives are set to never spin down, and the system doesn't sleep. Typically when it crashes, it either won't wake the screen when moving the mouse or hitting a key, or freezes while using it with no error, but the mouse pointer stops moving. I've had a few "You need to restart your computer" kernel panics, and that may be what's happening some of the times when the computer won't wake the screen.

There are a few messages that are usually in the system log just before I restart the computer after a crash. However, each of them also occurs at other times when the system doesn't crash. They are:

Code:
3/9/13 5:21:59.425 PM com.apple.usbmuxd[75]: _heartbeat_failed heartbeat detected detach for device 0x4f-10.0.1.36:0!3/9/13 5:28:38.576 PM mdworker[13342]: Unable to talk to lsboxd
3/9/13 5:28:38.620 PM sandboxd[13343]: ([13342]) mdworker(13342) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
3/9/13 5:28:38.000 PM kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(13343) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd
The 10.0.1.* is my local IP range. I have no idea what the device is.

I've also noticed that the crashes tend to occur about 10 minutes after the Time Machine backups run, but other times the backups run without the system crashing.

I built the system about 6 weeks ago, and wonder if any of the MultiBeast stuff needs to be updated. I'd like to avoid a clean install, as it will mean a lot of downtime getting things reinstalled and configured.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the exact same problem. I've had a few "you need to restart your computer" messages, too. I have the same MB, and an i5 3570K no overclock. I also have 16GB RAM and an EVGA GT 640 GPU. Exact same hardware, exact same problem. Sorry I have no help myself.

NVDA(OpenGL): Channel Exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error

This is what I'm getting in the console after the most recent crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back