Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sandy
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
RX 570
I'm getting random freezes. I can't figure out what's wrong.

My debug upload is a little outdated. I've removed SteerMouse.kext from /S/L/E and also AppleALC.kext from /L/E just in case.

I'm going to also try removing RealtekRTL8111.kext from /L/E but that's my last resort - I kinda need internet.

Just posting my debug log to see if anyone with more know-how can spot something obvious that I'm missing.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• debug_30894.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
At this point I think I’ve tried darn near everything. I’ve spent the past week+ slowly testing every single change I make.

Updated BIOS. Have played with every setting imaginable.

Did a clean install and with zero deviations from standard Unibeast stuff it still froze.

Followed this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-p8z68-vpro-core-i5-i2500-nvidia-gtx-1060.250985/

One change I made that seemed to help delay the freeze was installing the Sandy Bridge SSDT and NullCPUPowerManagement. But perhaps it’s illusory correlation.

Motherboard is Biostar IZ68B-AHT TZ68K+ with i5 2500k.

GPU is RX570. Works OOB but I installed WhateverGreen just in case. Didn’t seem to make a difference. I stress tested the GPU just in case it was part of the problem paired with my PSU (updated from a 5770 solely for Mojave!). Ran fine for hours pegging the GPU and CPU.

Never had a single issue with Sierra.

If anyone has any insight I’d be beyond grateful. I’m out of ideas.

Attachments

• debug_20720.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back