Contribute
Register

Random Freezes On ProBook 4540s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I not be? Any way to roll that back?

You should verify what you're using for bluetooth firmware upload. IOath3kfrmwr.kext is the one you should be using. If you have BTfirmwareuploader.kext, could spell problems.

What's the best way to find out which one I am using? I checked S/L/E, shows only IOa3tkfrmwr.kext and not BTfirmwareuploader.kext. Just figured, the freezes get longer and more frequent after waking from sleep. These messages on Console (attached screenshot) correspond to the freezes, as far as I know.

Also the battery level has been fluctuating in the last one week. Goes down to - say 70%, then comes back up to 90%, then is suddenly 60%. Earlier, the level wouldn't update in realtime, but wouldn't fluctuate heavily.

This has only started in the last one week, since I updated to 10.10.2 and updated kexts, repatched DSDT/SSDT.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.42.41 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.42.41 am.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 118
What's the best way to find out which one I am using? I checked S/L/E, shows only IOa3tkfrmwr.kext and not BTfirmwareuploader.kext. Just figured, the freezes get longer and more frequent after waking from sleep. These messages on Console (attached screenshot) correspond to the freezes, as far as I know.

Also the battery level has been fluctuating in the last one week. Goes down to - say 70%, then comes back up to 90%, then is suddenly 60%. Earlier, the level wouldn't update in realtime, but wouldn't fluctuate heavily.

This has only started in the last one week, since I updated to 10.10.2 and updated kexts, repatched DSDT/SSDT.

Have you tried a fresh install for comparison?

Yes I did. The issue showed up again. Did memory and had drive tests, all okay.

Yup. Updated to F60a. Still freezing.

--------

Edit: the issue may have been resolved after installing support kexts from new PBI CE. Haven't seen freezes till now. Will update in case it happens again.

--------

Edit 2: Welp, they're back. Going to do a fresh install and stick to 10.0.0 if this persists. :(

Fresh install, updated to 10.10.2. The freezes are still happening.

Fresh install, updated to 10.10.2. The freezes are still happening.

EC reset.

What do you mean "fresh install... updated to 10.10.2". If you're doing a fresh install, why not install 10.10.2 directly?

Nope. Tried everything. EC reset. Fresh 10.10.0 install, then updating to 10.10.2. Also tried a fresh 10.10.2 install. Tried removing each ram module to eliminate that. Checked hard drive through HP system diagnostics. Nothing works. Will be most likely shifting to Windows, since these freezes have gotten progressively frequent and longer, making my machine unusable. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back