Graphics
evga GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Random freezes in ML 10.8.4 (log attached)

So I've been running 10.8.4 for about 3 weeks now and it has worked really smooth, no complaints whatsoever. However, I am having a bit of an issue with my system freezing up at such random times that I just don't even know where to begin searching for the issue.

I've experienced about 4 of them during these 3 weeks. The first two ones were only a couple of days apart in the first week. But they stopped afterwards and I thought they were caused by either my old WD1TB caviar green which proved to be faulty, or the fact that these 2 freezes both occurred a short while after I had woken the system from sleep. Either way, I thought the issue was fixed (I removed the hard drive and stopped putting my system to sleep). However, today, I've experienced the unpleasantness of having my system hung once again, twice, and they both happened in the span of 5 minutes. I was playing WoW at the moment of occurrence (that never presented any issues before though, so I doubt it has anything to do with it), then I rebooted my system and went into WoW again and after a couple of minutes the system froze again.

The sole purpose of building myself a hackintosh was because I wanted a stable system, a system that would not crash or freeze when I was in the middle of some kind of project and not make me lose my work. So you can imagine how idiotic I feel right now.

i5-3570k
gforce gtx 660
z77x-d3h F16
Seagate barracuda 500gb

Any, and I mean any, idea would be much appreciated. This is really nerve-wrecking and I'm close to being desperate.

Attachments

• log.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 242
ML froze another 3 times today and it's getting basically unbearable. These are the last lines before the freeze. Can anyone get something from this, please?

Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost WindowServer[101] <Error>: CGXSetWindowBackgroundBlurRadius: Invalid window 0xffffffff
Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost loginwindow[42] <Error>: find_shared_window: WID -1
Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost loginwindow[42] <Error>: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0xffffffff
Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost loginwindow[42] <Error>: find_shared_window: WID -1
Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost loginwindow[42] <Error>: CGSSetWindowTags: Invalid window 0xffffffff
Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost coreservicesd[63] <Error>: Application App:"loginwindow" [ 0x0/0x1001] @ 0x0x7fd894809510 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x36036:) ), so denying.
Jul 30 19:28:35 localhost WindowServer[101] <Warning>: [cps/setfront] Failed setting the front application to loginwindow, psn 0x0-0x1001, securitySessionID=0x186a4, err=-13066

Your original post said you've been running fine for the first 3 weeks. Your last post suggest the issue is an application, not OSX. So what have you installed that caused the problem?

Your original post said you've been running fine for the first 3 weeks. Your last post suggest the issue is an application, not OSX. So what have you installed that caused the problem?

That's the point, nothing. I haven't installed any new apps for at least a week. I also tried closing every running app except Safari and the problem persisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back