Contribute
Register

Random Freezes - GA-Z87 HD3 / GTX 770 (4GB) / i7 4770k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using internal GPU so unfortunately I can't try that.

Geekbench stress-test runs for about 6h now. No freeze.

update us ..

I right there with you. Freezes with xmp and ram at 1600mhz, stable with optimized defaults. Only when under gfx load though.

Gtx 770 2gb just came in I'll also run some stress tests.

Can you tell me what you get trying to run unigine valley? I freeze and have to hard reset before the 10th scene.

I had some freezes in the meantime. The only thing that really helps me is reducing the memory clock to 1333mhz.

F9A for GA-Z87 HD3?

I only found F8A. Going to try that one later. Thanks!

I began experiencing similar issues with my Z87MX-DH3 i74700 build. I have a GTX 770 4g (which barely fits in my modified g5 case, lol). I began experienced kernel panics at boot (after several attempts the OS would boot) and random freezes in the OS. I tried several suggestions I read and began to reinstall the OS fearing I somehow blew up my hack but couldn't even get the 10.9.2 installer to load without kernel panics. I quickly realized that the issues had to be related to the GFX card. I removed the card and inserted my old GT 640, which as expected, the machine functioned normally. I removed the GT 640 and reinserted the GTX 770. This time I took extra special care to make sure the large and quite heavy card was properly seated. After this, I have experienced no further freezes or boot problems. I hope this post helps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back