i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

First of all: this forum is awesome. You guys helped me a lot before i even had to ask a question ;)

I installed 10.9.1 with the guide on this page and it worked (with few exeptions) pretty well. But now i have a problem i can't solve on my own.

Every few minutes my Hackintosh starts to freeze and i have to push the reset-button to boot the system again. I can't move the cursor and sometimes i can hear the last bit of sound over and over again. I'm not doing anything special when it happens. The only programs i have installed so far are: Firefox, Steam and Logitech Control Center. When i start the game "The Witcher 2" through Steam, everything freezes instantly.

I installed Hackintosh through Unibeast and used Multibeast (DSDT Free) to install drivers for Audio (Without DSDT/ ALC892) and Network (Realtek Lnx2Macs RealtekRTL81xx). GraphicsEnabler is set to "No" ("Yes" doesn't work).

Bios configuration as described in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...mmended-bios-settings-flags-3.html#post661912

My specs are:

i7 4770k
Palit GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Gigabyte GA-Z87 HD3 F6
16 GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance
750W Cooler Master PSU
Crucial M4 250GB SSD
WD 640GB HDD
Sony OptiArc DVD

UPDATE:
I tested my hardware over night with Memtest, 3DMark, FurMark and HDDScan. Everythings worked fine under Windows.

Please, can anybody help me? My MacPro was stolen and i have to work with FCPX on a MacBook Pro right now. Thats pretty frustrating.

I suffer the same problem. GTX 770.
nobody who solved answers.

i read much about C1E Disable in BIOS etc. this should cause the freeze people say.

but as speak i have the same problems and it seem to be the GTX 7xx series

tell me if it changes the Problem?!?

I have 4 RAM Sticks yes

Seems to work now. I installed 10.9.1 with 1 RAM stick and had no freeze. After some tests i installed the other three sticks.

I ran the Geekbench 64bit stress test non stop for about 20h. No freeze till now.

I really hope it stays that way.

Well, I hope the problem is fixed for you. These freezes can hide for quite some time before appearing again. My longest freeze free streak was like 10 days.. Ended yesterday..

I had a freeze again about 10 min. after i set the RAM-clock to 1600mhz (BIOS default was 1333).

After i set it back to 1333, the system ran stable again.

Every few minutes my Hackintosh starts to freeze

My longest freeze free streak was like 10 days...

@bluebalance @davehavers

On a netcas thread I found a solution for GK110B, just release by Nvidea and should stop the crashes in 10.9.1 / 10.9.2 Maybe it helps?

http://us.download.nvidia.com/dMfCTEwWd5bvEIglG4b8ya6U4erhZeeC/WebDriver-331.01.01b07.pkg

(or google: Nvidia Retail Drivers for 10.9.1 and 10.9.2)

If it works, please spread the word, and let me know
as I'm about to purchase to get the GTX 770 4GB

I hope I won't get suspended by placing a link... I'm just trying to help.

Hey Tommy,

i'm going to test that for you. Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back