Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS p67m Pro
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
hey there forum,

today i installed el capitan. everything seems to work without too much hassle. but now that i'm using my system for regular work the system hangs up randomly. i can still move my mouse but i can't click or use the keyboard in any way. i can only hard reset at that point (even tho i can still move my mouse).
i had similar problems on yosemite which is the reason i wanted to upgrade to el capitan and a clover efi installation.

my system specs:
MB: ASUS p8p67 m-pro
CPU: i5 2500k (not overclocked)
GPU: nvidia 560ti direct cuII

i already tried two different things without success since i read about them when researching my problem:
-i tried different system definitions (mac pro 3.1, macmini 5.1, imac 12.2)
-i tried to disable "put harddisks to sleep when possible) under energy settings

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time and cheers!
tim

EDIT: it seems to be that "Finder" is freezing, cause sometimes when i'm very lucky Finder just seems to restart itself (by closing all windows and the launchbar gets reset or i get kicked back to the login screen)

i probably found a fix.

installed the nvidia webdriver for el capitan. the gforce 560ti is a fermi card and suffers from the fermi freeze (should have known since i had similar problems with it way back in lion i think).

well just so if anyone experience similar issues (hang ups while mouse still movable) try installing the nvidia webdrivers for your appropriate osx version. it might fix it.

cheers
tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back